Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Emergency health insurance

yo'ma

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 4:56 pm
I think I need/want emergency health insurance for my dd when she'll go to school in NY. Does anyone know how I can get it, from where and a good one? TIA

pesek zman

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 5:50 pm
yo'ma wrote:
I think I need/want emergency health insurance for my dd when she'll go to school in NY. Does anyone know how I can get it, from where and a good one? TIA

What you're talking about isn't defined as emergent. Emergency insurance is exactly that, insurance that covers You for an emergent hospitalization or treatment, not in case of one. I'm a hospital social worker in NY so I have a lot of experience with this. Feel free to pm me if youd like

working hard

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 5:55 pm
Do you mean a catastrophic plan. Those are cheap plans that only cover big emergencies. You would have to pay for regular care and basic sick visits, but she would be covered if something major happens CV"S.

ROFL

Post Fri, Aug 01 2014, 4:15 am
What kind of school is she going to? Most colleges have a plan students can buy? Also are you US citizens, if yes look into obamacare, even though I hate to say that!

yo'ma

Post Fri, Aug 01 2014, 4:49 am
ROFL wrote:
What kind of school is she going to? Most colleges have a plan students can buy? Also are you US citizens, if yes look into obamacare, even though I hate to say that!

She's only in hs. Yes, we're american citizens. I'll look into obamacare. I heard of the name, but don't know what it is because we moved out of there before he was president, so I didn't care.

ROFL

Post Fri, Aug 01 2014, 5:04 am
There are government website dedicated to obamacare. Google the state and Obama care health insurance. Hopefully you'll get answers. If not I think marina knows about it.

lkwdlady

Post Fri, Aug 01 2014, 5:05 am
do you mean travelers insurance?

yo'ma

Post Fri, Aug 01 2014, 5:50 am
lkwdlady wrote:
do you mean travelers insurance?

I don't know. I plan on sending her for the next 3 years. Isn't travelers insurance just for a very short amount of time? I don't need it for well visits, just sick and of course cv's emergency.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries