Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Segulas

naomi6

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 11:11 am
Have tried quite a few thru the years what are your experiences which ones really helped you

busydev

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 11:18 am
segulos for what?

not sure if this is called a segula, but I did not miscarry when I wore a ruby stone and did miscarry when I did not.

also your not gonna get as many answers if you dont let amother

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 11:23 am
My Rav is not into segulas. He says Teshuva, Tefillah and Tzedaka are the most powerful tools we have. I have found this to be true. To each on their own level.

I will only do a segula if it is brought down in reliable sources. And I won't drive myself crazy or make myself uncomfortable or chase every opportunity for a segula.

heidi

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 12:10 pm
I B"H have not tried segulas on myself. But I have friends who I have watched run around in circles for segulas. Being kvaterin, wearing rubies, sleeping with ground up rubies under their pillows.
I have gone above and beyond to try to help friends : 40 people taking challah with their names, having people completing sefer tehillim for 40 days. Brachos from rabbanim, davening at kvarim. The three I'm thinking of never did have children of their own.
I wish you much bracha and peace OP.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 12:23 pm
I try to avoid lashon hara. So far, I'm still alive, b"H! Tongue Out

Levtov

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 12:33 pm
I think all those SLICK ADVERTISEMENTS for soooo many Segulos, have cheapened the whole idea. We have to remember that HASHEM is the best Segula! to daven to HIM and hope for Refias and Yeshuas and MOSHIACH NOW!

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 12:50 pm
naomi6 wrote:
Have tried quite a few thru the years what are your experiences which ones really helped you

Which ones helped you? Do you mind sharing?

naomi6

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 11:40 pm
There is a segula for kids that go off was wondering if anyone tried it and it worked. Supposed to do it more than one time if it doesn't help the first time. You're supposed to take a new brick write the childs name put it into the oven for either 2weeks but have to bake challos two times-then put it by a Tzaddiks kever.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Aug 01 2014, 8:10 am
naomi6 wrote:
There is a segula for kids that go off was wondering if anyone tried it and it worked. Supposed to do it more than one time if it doesn't help the first time. You're supposed to take a new brick write the childs name put it into the oven for either 2weeks but have to bake challos two times-then put it by a Tzaddiks kever.

Where did you hear about this?
I would also think that at the tzaddik's kever one should pour one's heart out, ask for yeshuos and the love and kochos and direction necessary to deal with the situation. Hug
And re a tzaddik's kever- Rabbi Reisman's spoken about visiting kevarim. He doesn't advocate going to kevarim arbitrarily but kevarim one has a kesher to, such as someone who's sefarim one's learned from, a gadol who speaks to you, etc. I'm not saying this well. I would just say that when one goes to the tzaddik, one should learn about the tzaddik and have the connection to feel that he will be a meilitz yosher.

JewishMommyNYC

Post Fri, Aug 01 2014, 8:52 am
I've tried the mikvah during the 9th month of pregnancy!!!

It's a segula for an easy birth and helps the woman who tovels after you with fertility.

The mikvah lady helped coordinate so I tovled when a woman with fertility issues had an appointment. She dipped right after I came out.

I just had my baby so I'll have to try and find out if she is pregnant.

naomi6

Post Fri, Aug 01 2014, 9:40 am
You said won't get many answers if I don't let amother what does that mean I didn't mean not to what am I supposed to do want to get lots of input

Chayalle

Post Fri, Aug 01 2014, 10:44 am
naomi6 wrote:

I dunno, sounds like voodoo to me.

And keep in mind that some of these crazy things might actually be ossur min haTorah to do. Tamim Tihiyeh Im Hashem Elokecha.

Just take out your Tehillim and talk to Hashem, the old fashioned way. It works.

imasoftov

Post Sat, Aug 02 2014, 2:14 pm
naomi6 wrote:

Someone asked about this earlier this year but did not write back to let us know if it was tried, and if so, what happened.

http://www.imamother.com/forum.....35373

imasoftov

Post Sat, Aug 02 2014, 2:15 pm
Posting as amother is a segulah for never having to say you're sorry.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics