Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Chicago-how does your community do it?

amother

Post Fri, Aug 01 2014, 2:31 pm
I'm just in awe of the CBD and based on other things I've heard about the community-supposedly they just hired a therapist for you that will charge a sliding scale and the community will cover his salary so that everyone can get therapy! What's the secret? I don't want to move there for practical reasons but just wondering if other communities can copy the model.

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Aug 01 2014, 2:40 pm
It is a combination of strong Rabbinic leadership: Rabbi Fuerst of the Agudah and all of the Rabbonim of the Chicago Center lead by the Rebbe, Rabbi Eichenstein together with his sons and Rabbi T. Bider as well as baalei batim who step forward to do what is needed.

And, that is not to exclude other Rabbinic leaders like those in the special Bais Din, but they do not have as broad city-wide impact.

Heyaaa

Post Sat, Aug 02 2014, 2:14 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
It is a combination of strong Rabbinic leadership: Rabbi Fuerst of the Agudah and all of the Rabbonim of the Chicago Center lead by the Rebbe, Rabbi Eichenstein together with his sons and Rabbi T. Bider as well as baalei batim who step forward to do what is needed.

And, that is not to exclude other Rabbinic leaders like those in the special Bais Din, but they do not have as broad city-wide impact.

You forgot to mention the kehilla fund which I think every Jewish community should have.

freidasima

Post Sat, Aug 02 2014, 3:54 pm
What an absolutely marvelous kehilla. I have heard much about it throughout the years and am in awe.

Heyaaa

Post Sat, Aug 02 2014, 4:13 pm
freidasima wrote:
What an absolutely marvelous kehilla. I have heard much about it throughout the years and am in awe.

If we weren't so dead set on living in Israel dh and I agree it is likely the only place we would move to.

OOTBubby

Post Sat, Aug 02 2014, 10:37 pm
Heyaaa wrote:
You forgot to mention the kehilla fund which I think every Jewish community should have.

The Kehillah Fund is wonderful (provides funding for local elementary schools), but it doesn't really have a bearing on OP's statement/question.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics