Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Ppl with summer homes
Previous  1  2

citimom

Post Mon, Aug 04 2014, 1:30 pm
As a potential buyer: where do you own your summer home? In a colony? In a town? Are there neighbors around? What would you recommend? How hard is the upkeep all year? Thanks!!

amother

Post Mon, Aug 04 2014, 1:52 pm
citimom wrote:
As a potential buyer: where do you own your summer home? In a colony? In a town? Are there neighbors around? What would you recommend? How hard is the upkeep all year? Thanks!!

I'm the amother above who has a small 2 bedroom and we don't have room for guests.

Ours is in Monticello near a colony but not in the colony. It's really amazing we have everything nearby but are not subject to anyone's rules or schedules.

We use their pool (we pay) we use their shul and other shuls as well. We are near food etc.

Upkeep isn't hard for us. all year we lock it up and the main thing you have to do is make sure it's clean so you don't get bugs and mice and also to drain the water so that your pipes don't freeze and bust cuz that is a mess!! and expensive happened to my SIL.

But otherwise you come back and need to clean up a little just like any bungalow it gets dusty. I love it. I love that it's mine. Yes you have more responsibilities because it's yours but you really are in control since it's yours so I love that!!

There are some places that will have shuls all year round etc. we don't but we think soon we will since more people are building and buying. For some people being in a colony is better for the kids and for the company. I like it this way because I have my privacy but the colony right nearby so I can always find company when I'm bored.

Flower
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette