Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Let's talk air condition systems

amother

Post Sun, Aug 03 2014, 11:32 pm
I need some input on ac systems. Which one do you have? Central, split or city multi? How big is your home and approximately how much did it cost to install? Is the maintenance expensive? Thanks. We are deciding what to put into our new home. Heating will be cast iron.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 04 2014, 10:00 am
Bump.

doctorima

Post Mon, Aug 04 2014, 12:15 pm
Central is the best! I think it costs the most to install, with all the ducts and everything, but it's so wonderful to have in the summer, and our utility bills are quite reasonable.

perquacky

Post Mon, Aug 04 2014, 1:43 pm
The house we bought has central air, but it was installed after the house was built, and there are vents running through just about every closet. I'm guessing if the AC had been put in at the time the home was built, the vents would be hidden behind walls.

I'm not complaining . . . much. Central air is wonderful, albeit a bit expensive during very hot summers. But those vents do make my closets a bit awkward.

agreer

Post Mon, Aug 04 2014, 2:02 pm
It depends where you live and how big your house is.

For a tall, narrow house like in brooklyn, mini-splits could work and be more cost-effective.

If you have a big house in Monsey (or similar), central is the way to go. But even if you do central, do zones so that you don't have to run the whole house when you're only using half. Ex: bedrooms in one zone, kitchen/dr/lr in another.

But beware - they are MUCH more expensive than window units (but soooooo worth it, imo)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating