Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Top loading washer w/o agitator?

studying_torah

Post Mon, Aug 04 2014, 6:42 pm
I am looking into getting a new washing machine, and noticed some top loaders have no agitators. Some reviewers love these machines, others indicate they don't clean as well. Anybody w personal experience either way?
Also, which is better- front or top loader and why?
Appreciate any and all input Smile

imorethanamother

Post Mon, Aug 04 2014, 9:40 pm
It depends what your price range is.

I recently had to buy a new washer, and I'm so upset because all the new ones essentially determine how much water it needs instead of u telling it how big your load is. I feel like some of the dirtier laundry loads need more water.

Front loaders are beautiful. That being said, I don't know why else people get them. You can't open it once the wash starts for that last minute sock you forgot. They smell unless you keep the doors open. They're a lot more money. A lot. And, if it breaks, it's a lot more expensive to fix.

I got the LG top loader without an agitator. I was told that those models break more often because of the belts they use. Perhaps I was suckered and that's not correct information, because agitator washers are cheaper. However, they're also less roomy and I need space. I feel like the wash is mixed properly, so the only problem that remains is the whole sensing the water level thing. But even with that, my clothes feel just as clean.

studying_torah

Post Tue, Aug 05 2014, 6:42 am
Thanks for the info! Did u have any issues with " unbalanced loads" as some reviewers have? Also the Lg I looked at spins the clothes really fast which makes me worry about wear and tear, esp on shabbos clothes.

imorethanamother

Post Tue, Aug 05 2014, 7:36 am
No. No problems with being unbalanced. And my Shabbos clothes are all fine. If you're worried, there's a delicate cycle.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry