Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
ISO cinnamon bun recipe

mha3484

Post Tue, Aug 05 2014, 4:06 pm
Any one have a good recipe? Preferably no mixer or bread machine. Thanks!

Shopmiami49

Post Tue, Aug 05 2014, 4:09 pm
1 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
4 tablespoons melted butter
4 tablespoons water
1/2 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
4 cups bread flour
1 tablespoon white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1/4 cup raisins (optional)
1 teaspoon milk
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
4 tablespoons butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions

In a bread machine pan, place the milk, beaten egg, melted butter, water, vanilla pudding mix, bread flour, sugar, salt and yeast in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select the Dough cycle.
When cycle is finished, remove the dough, and knead for 3 to 5 minutes. Roll out to a large rectangle.
Mix together the softened butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Spread over dough. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts and raisins, if desired. Starting with the widest end, roll the dough into a log. Pinch to seal seams. Cut into 1/2 inch to 1 inch slices, and place in a greased 9x13 inch pan. Place in a draft-free space, and allow to rise until doubled.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. To make frosting, mix the milk, confectioners sugar, softened butter and vanilla in a small bowl. Spread over warm cinnamon rolls.

1/2 c. dark brown sugar, 1/4 c. butter, 1/4 c. corn syrup. Bring to a boil in a small pan, and mix until well combined and a sticky consistency. Pour this sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 and then put the cut rolls over the sauce close together. Bake as recipe indicates. FYI, I ALWAYS underbake my cinnamon buns so that they are all really moist, but not doughy. Only the middle ones (like 3) stay a little too doughy, which is fine b/c all the other ones are perfect!

*I've done this by hand before and it's fine - just better with bread machine. By hand, I have used reg flour and yeast.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads