Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
How was your fast?

chevron

Post Tue, Aug 05 2014, 8:50 pm
Bh I managed ok cant get anything more than a plate of salad down now though. funny how allfood today looked amazing but now no room to eat it.
How was your fast?

mandr

Post Tue, Aug 05 2014, 9:31 pm
Today was my first time fasting while nursing a baby. BH that went pretty well. It was also the first time starting a fast day at 7:00AM! I usually start a fast day at around noon time. But I didn't find that to make the fasting harder. I made fruit smoothies on which we broke our fasts.

sunlight

Post Tue, Aug 05 2014, 9:34 pm
I fasted pretty okay bh. I was upset I didn't get too much inspiration while watching my toddler today, but the main thing is to fast.
We dream of food all day and then, we're too full to eat! That's why I didn't really bother preparing anything major to eat after fast.

CPenzias

Post Tue, Aug 05 2014, 9:39 pm
It wasn't too bad. I didn't get much inspiration either but I got to model the mood of the day for my son.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Aug 05 2014, 9:53 pm
Bh I fast well and it's nice that the fast is over by 7 and it's not hot.

sunlight

Post Tue, Aug 05 2014, 9:57 pm
CPenzias wrote:
It wasn't too bad. I didn't get much inspiration either but I got to model the mood of the day for my son.

About the mood, its really difficult for my son to see me sad (prob because I'm separated and he doesn't see his father often enough). I told him its one day out of all days we are sad because Hashem's house was destroyed...
At end of tisha b'av and also at intervals throughout day he kept asking if I'm happy. Don't know why he asks that often even on other days when I look pensive or thoughtful. He's a sensitive child.

chevron

Post Tue, Aug 05 2014, 10:36 pm
sunlight wrote:
About the mood, its really difficult for my son to see me sad (prob because I'm separated and he doesn't see his father often enough). I told him its one day out of all days we are sad because Hashem's house was destroyed...
At end of tisha b'av and also at intervals throughout day he kept asking if I'm happy. Don't know why he asks that often even on other days when I look pensive or thoughtful. He's a sensitive child.
My son used to ask me are you happy now? What about now? I think kidswant more than anything to see their parent happy and to be in a happy atmosphere .

pause

Post Tue, Aug 05 2014, 10:44 pm
Being on a diet for a the last few weeks has really helped me get through this fast. I was used to eating less and controlling myself when I see good food. In fact, the only thing that got my mouth watering all day was water to drink!

the world's best mom

Post Tue, Aug 05 2014, 10:45 pm
Mine was disappointing. It's over, and Moshiach hasn't come yet. What more can we do to bring him? I think our nation is more united now than ever before, so I don't know why we're still waiting.

But I fasted well and the kids behaved exceptionally well, so that part was good.

Eemaof3

Post Tue, Aug 05 2014, 11:28 pm
This was actually one of my worst fasts ever. I already had a headache by 10AM which did not bode well. I was shaky and nauseous and dizzy. Had to work in the sun all day which did not help in the least. I hope I feel better tomorrow because two hours later with food and drink I am still miserable. Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics