Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Yoshon only brands

amother

Post Wed, Aug 06 2014, 8:10 am
Dh and I have bli Neder decided to take on yoshon. I am about to make my first yoshon shopping trip and in the interest of saving myself time, would like to know which brands are always yoshon. I need to know for breads, cereals (do the frum companies make normal, non sugar cereal?), oats, flour, pasta, snacks, and anything else I'm not thinking of. Thanks!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Aug 06 2014, 8:35 am
There is no yoshon only brand. Most things from Mishpacha are yoshon, but not their Chinese noodles...most heimish brands will say if it is yoshon.

All matzah here is Yoshon from wheat. Spelt products in America can be considered yoshon. Most people are not makpid on pretzels (where the only issue is malt).

I stock up on pasta now vs only buying heimish.

Flour from Gold Medal with a KC on the product code can be considered kemach yoshon.

Oats has no yoshon brand that I know of. I stock up on that.

Barley -- there are some yoshon (Eden, Gefen maybe, depends on the year)

Cereal I stock up on, but there are some heimish brands that I didn't pay attention to. When we run out, we just get kitniyos type (corn flakes, rice krispies, etc)

Snacks I can't really stock up too much. Some Kemach and other heimish brands have yoshon, depending on the year. Tam Tams I think are always yoshon.

It's best to look at the guide....

working hard

Post Wed, Aug 06 2014, 10:56 am
A better question would be which brand is always Yoshon for this particular product. For example, Kemach Graham Crackers are always Yoshon. If you give me a list, I will be happy to help you.
Note that right now, everything in the stores are still Yoshon. The cut off dates are not out yet. Once it is out, I will be writing the guide. If you want a copy you can call our order line: 845-356-9348.
Hatzlacha
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen