Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Please help-cert. expires this month!!

amother

Post Wed, Aug 06 2014, 8:28 pm
I live in ny and have my degree in spec. Ed. Birth to grade 2. I just found out that My initial cert. Expires at the end if the month yikes!
I scoured the teach website for info and called and left a message with reizel reit. But, until they call back, anyone know what to do? I'm so stressed, please help!

bananasplit

Post Wed, Aug 06 2014, 8:30 pm
Call ny state

Fabulous

Post Wed, Aug 06 2014, 8:35 pm
you can apply for an extension if you haven't fulfilled the requirements for a professional. Call the state about how to do it. No need to panic.

bookworm10

Post Wed, Aug 06 2014, 8:35 pm
Is this the internship or initial?

I think you might have to take some renewal courses for the next level of certification. Not sure.

seeker

Post Wed, Aug 06 2014, 9:34 pm
meanwhile, apply for an extension. Go to the NYC TEACH website (highered.nysed.gov/tcert/teach) and there is an option to apply for time extension. Write something reasonable for your reason, don't worry too hard about it, if it's your first time (I'm not even sure if you're allowed to do it more than once) they generally (afaik) grant it pretty much automatically. Expect to pay about $50. Just do it.

That buys you about two more years to figure everything out. Start right away, but it will relieve the stress aspect and allow you to make sure you get everything in with plenty of time to spare next time around. You will need a master's degree, 3 years of full time teaching experience (or the equivalent, e.g. 6 years part time), a couple of new workshops, and proof of everything.

https://eservices.nysed.gov/te.....lp.do

rain

Post Wed, Aug 06 2014, 9:36 pm
go to the teach ny website, you can easily apply for an extension. unless you fulfilled the required teaching hours in which case you can renew your license

QUEENY

Post Wed, Aug 06 2014, 11:26 pm
seeker wrote:
meanwhile, apply for an extension. Go to the NYC TEACH website (highered.nysed.gov/tcert/teach) and there is an option to apply for time extension. Write something reasonable for your reason, don't worry too hard about it, if it's your first time (I'm not even sure if you're allowed to do it more than once) they generally (afaik) grant it pretty much automatically. Expect to pay about $50. Just do it.

That buys you about two more years to figure everything out. Start right away, but it will relieve the stress aspect and allow you to make sure you get everything in with plenty of time to spare next time around. You will need a master's degree, 3 years of full time teaching experience (or the equivalent, e.g. 6 years part time), a couple of new workshops, and proof of everything.

https://eservices.nysed.gov/te.....lp.do

Mine also expired at the end of the month... the workshops take some time to find and complete, your best bet is getting an extension.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 07 2014, 2:24 pm
I applied for the extension. Thank you all so much!
it took a few minutes and relieved so much pressure.
now I have to take the requirements asap so I don't have the same situation when the two years are almost up iykwim.....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics