Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
What happened to our mail?

amother

Post Fri, Aug 08 2014, 2:05 pm
We moved 2 weeks ago. I made sure to notify the USPS and all that. We received a packet from the USPS at our new address confirming the change and a bunch of coupons for local businesses, so it definitely got processed. We have not received ANY other mail in 2 weeks. Now, we don't get that much mail as our bills are mostly paperless, but we still would expect a few, if junky, pieces of mail over the course of 2 weeks. Something is not right. What is going on? Should I call the post office?

busydev

Post Fri, Aug 08 2014, 2:19 pm
did you set it up to forward your mail or just change your address? it can take some time for forwards to reach the new destination but 2 weeks does seem long.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Aug 08 2014, 4:24 pm
busydev wrote:
did you set it up to forward your mail or just change your address? it can take some time for forwards to reach the new destination but 2 weeks does seem long.

This.

Also, when did you get confirmation from USPS? There might be some mail at your old address that reached there before they set up the forwarding.

amother

Post Fri, Aug 08 2014, 4:47 pm
I'm pretty sure I set up forwarding. I got the confirmation a few days after moving in.

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Aug 08 2014, 5:04 pm
Address changes also take a little while to take effect, but at this point, you should call your post office to see what's going on. If you ever see your mail carrier it would be a good idea to speak with him too.

amother

Post Fri, Aug 08 2014, 7:20 pm
So at 10 to 5 I got a big stack of mail, mostly forwarded and a few just directly to this address. I guess it was just time (though I wonder why, when I got the confirmation over a week ago).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating