Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Turning sheitel into fall

rivkie123

Post Sun, May 11 2014, 3:35 am
I have a sheitel that I got around a year ago (I bought it from a friend who bought it but it was too small on her so she sold it to me for pretty cheap after wearing it herself for a couple of months) and the hair is not the best quality but its not bad. I have another sheitel that the hair is so much nicer and I like the bangs on it a lot more. (The only thing I like better about the sheitel I bought used is that its a little longer than the nicer one.) The bangs also get oily really quickly. I have wanted a headband fall for a while but I don't have the money right now to buy one and I feel like it would be good to have in the summer. I've worn my sheitel as a fall when the bangs needed to be washed and I really liked it but because I was pushing the bangs back it made a bump under the headband that bothered me. I have heard that you can turn a full sheitel into a fall, has anyone does this and been happy? I'm scared that because I still wear it as a full sheitel (but unless I just got it washed I really don't like to) that I'm going to be messing up a wearable sheitel...
Also does anyone know of a sheitel macher in Yerushalayim who can do this and around how much they would charge?

chocolate chips

Post Sun, May 11 2014, 10:06 pm
Following since Im considering doing the same...

belolah

Post Mon, May 12 2014, 6:32 am
You can try Ayala - 0526543500. I have no idea if she does this specifically but she does make sheitels so she may be able to do it.
She works in Rechavia.

belolah

Post Mon, May 12 2014, 6:33 am
You can try Ayala - 0526543500. I have no idea if she does this specifically but she does make sheitels so she may be able to do it.
She works in Rechavia.

Pineapple

Post Mon, May 12 2014, 8:38 am
I did it a couple of years ago in NY for $100

rivkie123

Post Tue, May 13 2014, 3:17 am
Thanks belolah! I'll try calling her

Pineapple - were you happy with it? did they just cut off the bangs or somehow change the whole front?

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, May 13 2014, 3:42 am
I did mine myself, and it came out great!

First, get a wig grip velvet headband.

Then put the wig on and figure out where you want the headband to fit. That's your cutting line. Cut the wig across the line, trying to keep the wefts intact. If you do a good job you can make clip in bangs with the front piece.

Get some threat that matches the headband, and carefully measure and hand sew the wig onto the headband, making sure that you leave some unsewed at the back so you can get it on and adjust the grip when you wear it. I used a whip stitch, and made sure that I got the weft really well attached so that it wouldn't pull away from the band over time.

The beauty of the wig grip is that if you want to wear it with a wide scarf across the front, the scarf won't go sliding around. If you're at all handy with a needle and thread, the whole project should take less than an hour.

Post Tue, May 13 2014, 6:04 am
FF would you post pictures please? I would like to do this. TIA

rivkie123

Post Tue, May 13 2014, 8:51 am
Thats so cool that you did it yourself! Maybe I'll try that, I even have an extra wig grip but I'm a little scared that I'll mess up and ruin it...

chavajon

Post Sat, Aug 09 2014, 9:12 pm
Oh, please post videos or pictures!

FranticFrummie wrote:
I did mine myself, and it came out great!

First, get a wig grip velvet headband.

Then put the wig on and figure out where you want the headband to fit. That's your cutting line. Cut the wig across the line, trying to keep the wefts intact. If you do a good job you can make clip in bangs with the front piece.

Get some threat that matches the headband, and carefully measure and hand sew the wig onto the headband, making sure that you leave some unsewed at the back so you can get it on and adjust the grip when you wear it. I used a whip stitch, and made sure that I got the weft really well attached so that it wouldn't pull away from the band over time.

The beauty of the wig grip is that if you want to wear it with a wide scarf across the front, the scarf won't go sliding around. If you're at all handy with a needle and thread, the whole project should take less than an hour.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 2:22 am
chavajon wrote:
Oh, please post videos or pictures!

It took a bit of fussing around to get it right. You have to be very sure of your hand sewing skills, and be willing to pull out stitches and start over. Bli neder I'll try to get some pictures up in a few days. I wish I'd photographed the various steps I took!

rivkie123

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 4:58 pm
If you get a chance to post pictures it would be really helpful!

aqua1

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 1:58 pm
My sister in law did it and was pretty happy. just depending on how it was cut before with angles and layers etc, there may be short hairs that can get in the way.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels