Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Missing packages

miami85

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 12:19 am
We live in a building where 5/6 of our neighbors on our floor are frum--and for the most part our friends, and the one that isn't Jewish I don't think would steal anything. According to my Amazon.com account I had 3 packages "delivered" that didn't require signatures. They were allegedly delivered while we were napping this afternoon. We've had packages delivered here ALL the TIME from UPS with NO problem, we've had FedEx on occasion but not as frequently but we've had packages left all the time--or at least they are usually attempted and if no one answers they leave a sticky note. There was no note on the door from saying that they left them with a neighbor. I've already texted my frum neighbors--one said no, I suspect 2 of them are away, and I would have thought that they 4th one would have mentioned something by now. It should have been 3 separate packages--one a big box of toilet paper. I'm so confused, our apartment is clearly indicated in the shipping info. What do I do?

wifeandmore

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 12:21 am
Sometimes things say delivered but it only comes the next day

Happened a few times to Mr

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 12:27 am
I've never had it come the next day when marked delivered. do you have a lobby where the delivery guy may have dropped it? when I lived in a building, the delivery guys would often leave everything with the building's maintenance guy. we'd pick everything up from the hall in front of his apartment. if the delivery guy bothered to take the elevator and the intended recipient wasn't available, he'd leave it with a neighbor on the floor.

ElTam

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 12:27 am
Wait until Monday and if they don't come, report it to Amazon. They are very good about issuing refunds for non-delivered items.

miami85

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 1:51 am
Nope no maintenance or lobby.
It's weird that we didn't hear the bell, that means someone must have let the delivery person in--but most of my neighbors are frum so wouldn't have buzzed him in. We've had packages left by our door MANY times. This would have been the 1st attempt so there was no "rush" to leave the packages. I still haven't heard back from the 5th frum neighbor--s. The one non jewish family doesn't have our number, but they would have knocked--besides I saw him outside around 5pm and he didn't mention anything.

miami85

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 8:28 am
Update the one (?) box was outside our door this morning. I guess one of our neighbors had it, weird that fedex didnt leave a note as to where they were.

miami85

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 8:48 am
I put the ? b/c the items were from different orders so I thought they'd be 3 separate boxes--but I guess Amazon finally got smart and figured out that they can combine different orders into the same box

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 11:38 am
miami85 wrote:
I put the ? b/c the items were from different orders so I thought they'd be 3 separate boxes--but I guess Amazon finally got smart and figured out that they can combine different orders into the same box

Yes, that has happened to me too -- even orders placed on different days were combined into one box.

tovli toraspicha

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 11:44 am
something that has happened to me twice from diapers.com- the shipping company guarantees that they will deliver it by a certain day/time (diapers.com has guaranteed 2 day shipping) so if they didnt get to it in time they lie and tell diapers.com that they delivered it so that it seems that they fulfilled their shipment, and then they really only deliver it the next day...but the computer has it marked as delivered. I once went checking on every single floor of my building for a time-sensitive package that they claimed to have delivered, only to have them show up a couple of hours later for the first time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics