Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Sheitel feels like straw...anything I can do for it?

out-of-towner

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 10:26 pm
I am totally inexperienced with Sheitels...though I've been wearing them for almost 2 years B"H. I do not yet have a Sheitel Macher who I really love and is in a convenient location, so I always send them to someone different each time. I bought them strait from the companies.

SO basically, one of them really is starting to feel like straw. It is overdue for a wash and set, but I feel like there is something I can ask the Sheitel Macher to do to make it a little better...but I'm clueless. Is there some kind of conditioning treatment that they can do to revive it a bit?

I know that there is no permanent fix and that the hair isn't the best quality. But is the case hopeless?

TIA!

Debbig

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 8:26 am
I've been doing sheitals and hair for about 7 yrs. it's sad that you can't find some one who u trust. Next time you give it to b washed ask them to do a deep conditioning it can make a big difference.

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 8:49 am
out-of-towner wrote:
I am totally inexperienced with Sheitels...though I've been wearing them for almost 2 years B"H. I do not yet have a Sheitel Macher who I really love and is in a convenient location, so I always send them to someone different each time. I bought them strait from the companies.

SO basically, one of them really is starting to feel like straw. It is overdue for a wash and set, but I feel like there is something I can ask the Sheitel Macher to do to make it a little better...but I'm clueless. Is there some kind of conditioning treatment that they can do to revive it a bit?

I know that there is no permanent fix and that the hair isn't the best quality. But is the case hopeless?

TIA!

I took a curly she sheital that was permed which I was told was hopeless and brought it back. I deep conditioned it for about a week. I left L'Oréal deep conditioning on. I washed it off and it is gorgeous. I get so many compliments and it is 7 years old.

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 8:59 am
If you don't mind telling us where you're located, someone may have a good sheitel macher to recommend to you.

Debbig

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 10:47 am
Squishy wrote:
I took a curly she sheital that was permed which I was told was hopeless and brought it back. I deep conditioned it for about a week. I left L'Oréal deep conditioning on. I washed it off and it is gorgeous. I get so many compliments and it is 7 years old.

U left the conditioner in for a week?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels