Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Bento boxes - any recommendations?

rachel6543

Post Sun, Jul 13 2014, 11:27 pm
I always take lunch to work. Almost no kosher places nearby where I live/work, plus eating out is too $$ on a regular basis.

I was thinking about getting a bento style lunchbox for myself. Seems like a good way to portion control food servings and be convenient in one standard lunch box.

Has anybody used these before? Brand/style they recommend?
I'd want something that is dishwasher safe, so when I get home from work I can dump in the dishwasher.

Some of the bento boxes I saw online were in the $40 range which seems expensive to me. But if the quality is that amazing, I would consider it. I'd prefer something that comes with a bag or handle so easy to carry from car to work. It doesn't have to be insulated because I have a frig at work I can use.

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Jul 13 2014, 11:46 pm
I have some bento boxes. honestly, the box is not what portions your food. you need any container that will fit an appropriate sized lunch for you. google bento blogs to find ideas on how to pack your food. you may not really need to buy a bento box, though they are very nice.

Pita

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 4:25 pm
I like the Sistema lunch cube. I insert silicone cupcake holders to further subdivide.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 4:34 pm
If you're looking for a bargain, I saw this on Kosher On a Budget. 4 star reviews, but I don't know if it will serve your purpose. Note that it's a set of four bento boxes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars