Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
What is the best cheap sheitel?

joy613

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 10:36 pm
Looking for a sheitel less than 1,000 that is really good.
any leads?

Really, close to 1000 is too much. would prefer about 500.

This is not meant for a pony but for a nice sheitel.
Thank you.

out-of-towner

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 10:45 pm
How long? That will make a difference!

Fabulous

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 10:47 pm
Most (notice, I say most, some will always have a bad experience, it's the law of numbers, no sheitel company has 100% satisfaction because the quality can vary), are happy in that price point with Irene's. They have a cheaper re: 400 and more expensive re: 800 line.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 10:51 am
I got one from Malky's Wigs (found on eBay, but I called her up and she helped send me a few pieces...if I was in NY, I would probably go locally to her) for fairly cheap. I've been wearing it for 4 months and it is super comfortable. Even if it lasts me 2 years only (and the person who cut it thought that was overly cautious, and thinks it will last longer), it was worth it. I paid $300 for my specific piece (the others I looked at were $350 based on my specific wishes, she has more expensive ones too) since it is thinner (which is what I like)...I got it cut by someone here for $100 (amazing price, but she's less well known and super talented) which gave it a style with some body and it really suits my face.

Lady Bug

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 10:55 am
Fabulous wrote:
Most (notice, I say most, some will always have a bad experience, it's the law of numbers, no sheitel company has 100% satisfaction because the quality can vary), are happy in that price point with Irene's. They have a cheaper re: 400 and more expensive re: 800 line.

I was just quoted $1200 on an Irene wig. She raised her price drastically since she got so popular.

joy613

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 9:41 pm
Thanks for your replies.

Sorry I forgot to mention the length- about 12-14 inches.

I have heard about Irenes but I hear people saying that they get bad fast. I mean I know you get what you pay for but I guess I'm looking to get more than what I pay for. Cool (can't hurt to try)

HY, how do I contact Malky's wigs? Aslo- if you don't mind telling me, do you have it wavy or straight? do you know if it keeps waves?

thanks all!

Anything else?

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 9:42 pm
See what Paula Young has.

Basya

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 9:45 pm
1 more big deal, which I wasnt aware of until a shaitel macher brought this to my attention - color!

you can go cheaper with dark browns and blacks. the same shaitels look totally different when it comes to blondes and of course reds.

dont judge someone else's as a good sheitel unless it is the same color and vice versa.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 9:51 pm
Hashem loves me wrote:
Thanks for your replies.

Sorry I forgot to mention the length- about 12-14 inches.

I have heard about Irenes but I hear people saying that they get bad fast. I mean I know you get what you pay for but I guess I'm looking to get more than what I pay for. Cool (can't hurt to try)

HY, how do I contact Malky's wigs? Aslo- if you don't mind telling me, do you have it wavy or straight? do you know if it keeps waves?

thanks all!

Anything else?

Her is an example and her phone number is listed n it: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Malky-.....66ab3

I got a straight one that I had cut into layers, with some curled in to add body, and the loose curl part holds. (Hard to explain, but I guess it holds a style well...and as I posted, she does have wavy ones to begin with.)

I figure it will at least last me 2 years (based on what my sheitel person said), and others that I hear go bad at 2 years are significantly more. But longevity remains to be seen.

bigbird

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 9:53 pm
Hashem loves me wrote:
Looking for a sheitel less than 1,000 that is really good.
any leads?

Really, close to 1000 is too much. would prefer about 500.

This is not meant for a pony but for a nice sheitel.
Thank you.

Mazali $500

joy613

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 10:02 pm
Thank you all. will look into these iy''h

ricotta

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 1:56 pm
I got a "Rachel" from the Freeda discontinued line (only available from their website) and I am quite happy with it. They have tons of wigs in the chin-to-shoulder-length range, although only a couple of the styles have the multi-directional skin part. Anyways, the wig I got is very nice hair and comfortable and it was $550 plus shipping.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels