Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
IMAMOTHER CAN solve the shidduch crisis

anonymom

Post Sat, Nov 05 2011, 9:38 pm
What if IMamother was opened up to single girls and they could see all the misery that awaits them? You'd probably have more than a few deciding it's not so bad to be single and there you go! Shidduch crisis solved.

chocolate chips

Post Sat, Nov 05 2011, 9:43 pm
Rolling Laughter

groisamomma

Post Sat, Nov 05 2011, 9:43 pm
It's a funny thought. Imamother can be used both ways. Before I got here I thought I had the hardest life ever (and I sometimes still think so Very Happy ) but being here has also shown me that others have it harder in so many ways and I've come to appreciate the things I do have.

groisamomma

Post Sat, Nov 05 2011, 9:44 pm
What about a site like this called Imasingle?

mimivan

Post Sun, Nov 06 2011, 2:11 am
groisamomma wrote:
What about a site like this called Imasingle?

Or Imashingle (I.e. on the roof listening to what is really going on inside all those "happy" homes...lol

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Nov 06 2011, 2:45 am
Well, this site does seem to bring frum people from all over the entire world into one place. And one issue in the singles thing is that one's beshert may be far, far away. The idea is interesting.

Maybe there could be such a site for the parents. Or two separate sites, one called Motherofagirl and the other Motherofaboy. With no specific ages allowed, just "early twenties" and "late twenties".

goodmorning

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 9:39 pm
Honestly, if Yael would want to expand her horizons, I think that a version of this site for teenagers (not necessarily about shidduchim or marriage) would be a hit.

gittelchana

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 9:58 pm
anonymom wrote:
What if IMamother was opened up to single girls and they could see all the misery that awaits them? You'd probably have more than a few deciding it's not so bad to be single and there you go! Shidduch crisis solved.

Rolling Laughter

Laughter is the best medicine!

penguin

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 5:17 pm
Quote:
Honestly, if Yael would want to expand her horizons, I think that a version of this site for teenagers (not necessarily about shidduchim or marriage) would be a hit.
How could you ensure a site for young women only? What questions could you ask that would filter out boys?

Not cooking questions - plenty of boys can answer those!

What color hosiery do you wear with beige shoes? Black shoes? Not fair, young women who are not fashion-adept would also get rejected!

tigerwife

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 6:26 pm
goodmorning wrote:

There actually was a site like that called frumteens.com I believe. It was for both boy and girls and NOT for shidduchim. Kids were able to discuss their spiritual struggles in an open yet anonymous way. And it was not depressing at all (as this site might be sometimes)- everyone was very growth oriented and helped each other appreciate Judaism. The mods were rabbis I think.

gittelchana

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 6:54 pm
Don't worry, it aint happening. And if it does, don't worry, it won't be your headache. Smile

goodmorning

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 9:01 pm
penguin wrote:
Quote:
How could you ensure a site for young women only? What questions could you ask that would filter out boys?

Not cooking questions - plenty of boys can answer those!

What color hosiery do you wear with beige shoes? Black shoes? Not fair, young women who are not fashion-adept would also get rejected!

Honestly, the questions on the imamother questionnaire can be answered by any male with one minute googling (and certainly any married man!). The questionnaire filters out only the honest and unmotivated. This site is comprised mainly of married women (I hope) because of the honesty of other people and/or their frank lack of interest in the topics discussed here.

I can't imagine that Yael's biggest problem with opening up imateen is keeping out the hordes of boys who would love to participate in conversations about hosiery and cooking.

I was entirely sincere, by the way. I have a few teenaged sisters for whom imamother would be of no great interest beyond voyeurism, but who would be very glad to have a community of online frum female teens to converse with. Not a site about spiritual struggles moderated by rabbis; a site about chit chat and intellectual conversations and relationship advice and friendship. Like imamother. Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics