Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Helllllllllllp!!! I'm addicted! am I the only one?
Previous  1  2

cbg

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 8:33 am
For me, I knew that if I could stop for 1 night, then I could stop for ever. One night, when I was in fifth grade, I stayed up all night and made sure not to suck my thumb. That did the trick for me. I learned that I don't need it to fall asleep. It took all night to fall asleep without it.

A friend of mine used toothbrushes. She had cups of toothbrushes in her bedroom and kitchen. Like cups of pens. We all thought it was weird, but never said anything.

CPenzias

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 12:21 pm
I was also a thumb sucker till I got braces and they hurt so badly that I stopped because I didn't want pain for nothing.

Can you put something on it? like to make it taste yucky?
Like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Mavala-S.....+stop

Aylat

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 3:33 pm
I still suck my thumb! Sometimes even in public, though not usually. It doesn't bother my husband as much as yours, though he has made it his mission to ensure none of our children follow in my footsteps (he's kind of failing with our youngest, ha! Wink ) Seriously though, I feel like the real issue here is the relationship one. How important is it to you to continue thumbsucking versus how much does your husband dislike the habit? Do you want to give up thumbsucking? Would you do it out of consideration for his sensitivity? Or is it too big a deal to you? If you're committed to giving it up, then some of the practical ideas here might help you. If you don't want to, then you need to sit down with your husband to listen and talk to each other about the issue. And btw, although I obviously don't have a problem with thumbsucking, as a SB and parenting principle, I support his "no thumbsucking rule" for our kids.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics