Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
Leftover egg wash- what do you do

ruby slippers

Post Thu, Aug 14 2014, 6:02 pm
So every week I have leftover egg wash and it is such a shame to throw it out. Aside form making an omlette what do you do with the extras???

seeker

Post Thu, Aug 14 2014, 6:28 pm
scramble it and feed it to a kid. Or scramble it with another whole egg and have a normal-generous egg portion. If the timing is right you can toss it into a kugel.

ElTam

Post Thu, Aug 14 2014, 6:30 pm
I stopped doing egg wash when my son developed his egg allergy. He could tolerate it now, but in the meantime, the whole family decided they like the challah better without it. Problem solved! Very Happy

zaq

Post Fri, Aug 15 2014, 5:58 pm
what seeker said.
Though you could mix with a bit of olive oil and apply to your hair as a shampoo-out conditioner. Or, without the olive oil, apply to your face as a mask. brush on, let dry, rinse off. Or feed it to your cat. Or give it to someone else who has a cat if you haven't one.

mochacoffee

Post Fri, Aug 15 2014, 6:17 pm
I haven't done this yet but your thread got me thinking, if you're going to be making deli roll or deli pockets for shabbos (actually anything with puff pastry dough) generally those recipes require egg wash. That's a good way to not waste it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads