Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Tell me about the Upper West Side?
Previous  1  2  3

amother

Post Fri, Aug 15 2014, 2:20 pm
abby1776 wrote:
If you live on 110th and fifth that is power east Harlem but within walking distance of Orach Chaim on 96th - 15 blocks. and the people who live in the upper east side. It depends how far you are willing to walk. If you want to live in a building with lots of frum families move to the lower east side, queens, riverdale, or Washington heights.

Um no. The area above 96th st on the ues is NOT close to gentrified. Don't move there. The area east of lex in the 80s and low 90s is slightly more affordable and a better bet if you want to do that.

doughnut

Post Fri, Aug 15 2014, 2:41 pm
amother wrote:
Um no. The area above 96th st on the ues is NOT close to gentrified. Don't move there. The area east of lex in the 80s and low 90s is slightly more affordable and a better bet if you want to do that.

Fifth Ave above 96 is nice. Even above Mt Sinai. And it's expensive.

Parts of the UES are cheaper than the west side, but still pretty expensive to rent a two bedroom.

amother

Post Fri, Aug 15 2014, 6:59 pm
I live on UWS. Our rent is 5 k for a largish (city standards) 2 bed/2 bath doorman building. Not only is the rent very expensive, the cost of living overall is much higher. Mommy and me groups are around $45 per session, for example.
I think you should try the LES. Talk to people in the know there. You should be able to rent within your budget there.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating