Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Interested

hello123

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 1:21 am
Hi all.
I am interested in finding out about aliyah. We are not talking about it yet but with all thats going on in the world its good to keep all options open. Please tell me where to begin. How people go about finding careeres, how do people survive with one income? Two incomes? How are expenses there? I have heard its black and white in terms if schooling. What does this mean?

heidi

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 2:10 am
First of all, good idea. With the things going on lately in the world, you are probably safer in Israel than anywhere else. You need to start with NBN--just go on their website. They are truly incredible and have a world of information, people willing to meet/talk with you. Then network-- people you know who live here and what community would be right for you. You are right about black and white-- religion here is quite divided--you either believe in the State and supporting it, or you don't. That is something you need to decide before you decide where you want to live-- bcz. the schools your children will go to will need to conform with your belief system-- or vise versa.

grace413

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 2:18 am
First of all, learn as much Hebrew as you can before you come (I'm assuming you are not already fluent). If NBN tells you that you don't need Hebrew, ignore them.

Do you and DH currently have professions/education/jobs? If you are willing to say what you do people might be able to tell you if they are viable options here.

If you have kids, the younger they come the easier it is.

Where to live depends on job availability, your personal preferences and religious needs.

Whether Israel is safer than anywhere else I don't know. But I do know that it is our only country and there are a lot of wonderful things about living here. (no it's not all hearts and flowers, but it's still great).

Tamiri

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 4:21 am
It's also a good idea not to view Israel as a "last resort". Better view it as a zchut to have the ability to make the decision. The sooner the better.

hello123

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 8:07 am
Thanks for all replies. I do look at it as a zechus and the safest place to go. Please keep the responses coming.

momtra

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 9:42 pm
We are in the same boat as you. We also feel like it is time to go - I had my initial email contact with nefesh bnefesh today.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions