Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Tag

amother

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 8:21 am
Can anyone tell me about tag?? Specifically worried that it's so big... Do kids get lost there? Is it a factory? If there's an issue does the school handle it well?
Is it warm at all?

amother

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 12:37 pm
It is a huge school. With that being said, I do find it very warm. They split the school into elementary, junior high etc, and that makes it feel smaller.

My daughter is in pre-school. While I do not love the pre-school, I do love the feeling when I walk into TAG and see the girls all around happy. There are always programs going on for Rosh Chodesh, breakfasts, speakers, trips, etc.

I also worked in TAG in Special Ed. I do know that if your daughter has any problem, they are so on top of it and will work to the end of the earth to help your daughter, both school-funded and through the board of ed.

The big issue right now is that its getting harder and harder to get in, only because of lack of space.

granolamom

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 12:54 pm
my dd's in TAG preschool too. so far so good, it does seem very warm to me and she was very happy last year.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 3:01 pm
So far we are happy with tag and the way they handled out issues. The elementary seems se on top of things. However I hear from some ppl negative things and it makes me very nervous!!! I like hearing these positive things you guys are saying.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 7:44 pm
No one else sends to tag? I would love to hear more feedback. I've heard a lot of positive as well as some negative such as it's a huge school, not really caring more like if you don't like it or have a prob just leave. Or ppl just say it's good for typical good kids but any issues not good. (I have found this to so far not be the case at all, actually they handled our issues with sensitivity and chesed, but worry when I hear this "on the street ").

amother

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 8:14 pm
My oldest 2 have been there since preschool - oldest is in 3rd grade. I have nothing but good things to say - the teachers have been beyond warm, I've never had the sense that the school is big and that they get lost - it's a great place! My girls' sense of self confidence has been nurtured - everything has been very positive so far.

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 8:18 pm
amother wrote:
No one else sends to tag? I would love to hear more feedback. I've heard a lot of positive as well as some negative such as it's a huge school, not really caring more like if you don't like it or have a prob just leave. Or ppl just say it's good for typical good kids but any issues not good. (I have found this to so far not be the case at all, actually they handled our issues with sensitivity and chesed, but worry when I hear this "on the street ").

I don't send to TAG, so I can't speak from personal experience.

However, if you are happy with the school and have had only positive interactions, then why worry about what people "on the street" have to say? No need to borrow trouble.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 8:35 pm
Rutabaga wrote:
I don't send to TAG, so I can't speak from personal experience.

However, if you are happy with the school and have had only positive interactions, then why worry about what people "on the street" have to say? No need to borrow trouble.

I know that's really good advice. Thanks.you are correct, it just bothers me when I hear negativity because a. Is there truth to it? And b. people are judging the school I send my kids to and making assumptions about it... Or thinking their schools are better... That's prob something I need to work on in myself - being more confident!! I do like this positive feedback.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 18 2014, 2:38 pm
How did you all choose tag over the other girls schools?

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 18 2014, 2:56 pm
amother wrote:
I know that's really good advice. Thanks.you are correct, it just bothers me when I hear negativity because a. Is there truth to it? And b. people are judging the school I send my kids to and making assumptions about it... Or thinking their schools are better... That's prob something I need to work on in myself - being more confident!! I do like this positive feedback.

No matter where you send your children to school there will be people who have had a negative experience there. If your daughter is happy, there is really no reason for ou to listen to the negative, as it may color your opinion.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics