Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Getting to the bathroom in time for #2?

miami85

Post Mon, Aug 18 2014, 3:49 pm
How do you encourage patience sitting for #2? He has done it and I don't suspect anything like encopresis, but he's just hasty--get in, make, and be done. He doesn't want to wait for it, and then he'll say "I have to make pee pee" but he's already made the #2. I've let him sit with my tablet (though not practical for Shabbos and also not a good habit overall--but it's been effective) and I've tried getting him to sit with a book, but not always interested.

busydev

Post Mon, Aug 18 2014, 4:35 pm
the iphone or a dvd player works best for us
book can give me 5 minutes
it takes time for them to learn when to realize they have to go.

the first time DS did #2 in the toilet it was after an oorah shmorg marathon. we had him sit all day basically and he finally went at 4pm. that was the start of getting it into the toilet SOMETIMES. (before that we had 2 weeks of misses) b"h now 2.5mo later (gosh cant believe weve been training that long!!) he gets there in time and can sit when he has to about 80-85% of the time.

im waiting desperately for when it gets to 100% or at least 99%. its gotten better a bit at a time. but I cant wait to stop changing soiled underwear....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training