Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Lunch box recommendations

whirlwind

Post Mon, Aug 18 2014, 9:41 pm
I am trying to figure out the most convenient way to pack/transport my kids' lunches. In the past I've done mostly school lunches and when I sent home lunches I used bento box-style lunch boxes. However, I did that when I was packing for only 1-2 kids and at this point I don't want the hassle of all those boxes to wash out nightly. I'm doing home lunch to save on the cost of the school lunch but I don't mind paying a little extra for disposables to save myself the hassle of all those dishes. I leave to work early so I will be preparing lunches the night before. I would imagine I will be including a juice box, main dish (sandwich/noodles/fishstix/leftovers), fruit/veggie (sometimes w dip), and sometimes dessert (jello/pudding because they said they don't want to miss out on that part of the school lunch!) I also don't like the thought of a lunch bag that will be separate from their knapsacks since they all, including my preschooler, have 16" backpacks and I don't want them to have to remember and carry along an extra bag.
So with all that said, can all you experienced home lunch moms out there help me figure out the best option? What can I use that will work for packing lunches night before and storing in fridge, can hold a few different food/drink items, not bulky or annoying for kids to transport, won't leave me with tons of dishes/things to clean out in the evening.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 18 2014, 9:49 pm
I get my kids knapsacks and lunch bags in childrens place. I buy a big clip (dont remember what its called) and every day I clip the lunch bag onto the knapsack. Some stores sell lunch bags that get snapped into the knapsack.

I put the lunch plus a mini frozen water to keep the food fresh into a brown bag first. The lunch bag gets washed on fridays, or more when needed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children