Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
H&m online

mom2be1

Post Mon, Aug 18 2014, 8:55 pm
Did anyone ever order from them online? What has been your experience especially with returns?

dimyona

Post Mon, Aug 18 2014, 8:58 pm
I order from them all the time. They're so cheap and impossible to resist sometimes. Pretty seamless experience, although it can sometimes take a couple of days for packages to move. Returns are easy, they include a label.

justmarried:)

Post Mon, Aug 18 2014, 9:02 pm
I don't like shopping from them they don't have free returns. I prefer Zara

groovy1224

Post Mon, Aug 18 2014, 9:02 pm
I've ordered from them..not an amazing experience but it was okay. Some of the stuff I ordered ended up being out of stock so they kept pushing off the shipment date until like a month and a half later when I got an email they were cancelling that portion of the order. So I think they're still getting the website situation under control.

You can't return online purchases to the store, and you'd have pay return shipping by mail. So what I did was bring it into the store without the receipt, and they gave me store credit, since without the online receipt it could just as easily have been a store purchase. (For the record..I told them that that's what I was doing. I didn't lie. She said it was fine and returned it for me anyway. Buy if you're gonna do that I recommend being honest about it.

bookworm10

Post Mon, Aug 18 2014, 9:04 pm
I have had really bad experiences. Firstly, the package took over three weeks to ship to me. Secondly, returns are not free and cannot be done in the store. I believe there is a return fee plus a shipping fee. Not worth it. I also prefer zara.

MamaBear

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 8:51 am
I find H&M to be one of those places where you really need to see the item in person due to quality and sizing inconsistencies. If you don't care about return fees, then I guess it doesn't matter.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 9:05 am
MamaBear wrote:
I find H&M to be one of those places where you really need to see the item in person due to quality and sizing inconsistencies. If you don't care about return fees, then I guess it doesn't matter.
I agree. I had a great eexperience shopping online AFTER I went in to the store to try on and purchase. Later on I needed more tees and leggings and I was able to order quickly and easily without returning since I knew which sizes to choose.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 9:11 am
ra_mom wrote:
I agree. I had a great eexperience shopping online AFTER I went in to the store to try on and purchase. Later on I needed more tees and leggings and I was able to order quickly and easily without returning since I knew which sizes to choose.
What's the point of ordering online if you're already in the store? Isn't the main benefit of online ordering that you can avoid schlepping to the store?

MamaBear

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 11:33 am
Some things come in different colors online. Or you figured out your size but there were no additional items in the right size int he store itself.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sat, Sep 27 2014, 11:25 pm
groovy1224 wrote:

You can't return online purchases to the store, and you'd have pay return shipping by mail. So what I did was bring it into the store without the receipt, and they gave me store credit, since without the online receipt it could just as easily have been a store purchase. (For the record..I told them that that's what I was doing. I didn't lie. She said it was fine and returned it for me anyway. Buy if you're gonna do that I recommend being honest about it.

Which location let you do that? I would like to try it.

sushi galore

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 12:49 am
I just ordered from them online for the first time...my order arrived fast with no issues. Return is free in store as advertised on their website. However they included free return label. Very Happy

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 1:01 am
sushi galore wrote:
I just ordered from them online for the first time...my order arrived fast with no issues. Return is free in store as advertised on their website. However they included free return label. Very Happy
Are you sure about the returns at store? I don't see that on the website. And the return label is prepaid, but not free. $5.95 is deducted from the refund.

asmileaday

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 1:26 am
sushi galore wrote:

Don't be so excited yet! They deduct 5.95 from your refund so it ain't free!
I only order if I know exactly what size I need. I love their pants and their 9.95 sweaters for boys. If the item is in stock they ship it pretty quickly, I got mine in a week.

The customer service rep explained to me that when you place an order it goes into a que (is that the word?). They physically fulfill orders in order of when it was placed. So by the time they get to your order the item might be out of stock already. If they know they are getting a new shipment they will ship your item when they restock and that could be a good few weeks. If it's longer than a certain time they are required to cancel.
I have no idea why no other website has this issue. I guess they still need to perfect their system.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics