Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Hot chani
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

mandr

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 2:56 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Maybe you should change them? LOL

Like x 10000000 I am roaring aloud here at work!

debsey

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 2:56 pm
Lady Godiva wrote:
Maybe the first time you put them on. I can't remember it's been almost 2 decades! Oy.
After wearing them for a while, you don't even think about them or feel them.

PinkFridge wrote:

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Applause Not worthy

Lady Godiva

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 2:57 pm
PinkFridge wrote:

Will I need to take a shower too? Not listening

mandr

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 2:58 pm
Lady Godiva wrote:

Use baby wipes LOL

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 2:59 pm
Lady Godiva wrote:

Thank you for taking it in the spirit in which it's intended Very Happy
Though maybe I shouldn't have edited the post to include my other thoughts; now it won't garner all the likes. Crying

Lady Godiva

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 3:03 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Thank you for taking it in the spirit in which it's intended Very Happy
Though maybe I shouldn't have edited the post to include my other thoughts; now it won't garner all the likes. Crying

You can always move your thoughts to a separate comment to guarantee likes. Humor is (generally) universal. Parenting/chinuch/tzniut/hot-chani issues, not so much. Wink

Imogen

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 4:32 pm
Is it not all about taste? yes we know the basic halacha and then our experiences and environment play a part in developing our style and what we deem stylish and suitable. Are there not different expectations in Manhattan and Lakewood, Golders Green and Gateshead, Netanya and Meah Shearim?

hot chanis as a term makes me giggle, I do not feel they threaten anybody, adult or child, in fact they teach us about making our own choices and setting our own examples. I have some close friends who are red hot chanis and others who balk at the mere sight of them, they are all fine in my eyes, the fun however is going out with hot chanis and seeing how others react. yes I do respect the importance of being tzniut, but I feel for many women this has introduced a degree of judgementalism which has nothing to do with Torah and everything to do with oneupmanship.

Frumdoc

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 5:28 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Maybe you should change them? LOL.

Crying with laughter here LOL

I was going to add, that's a well wearing brand, can you share?

Hot chanies serve a useful purpose in letting me know what style I'm going to be buying in the thrift shops in 12 months time (not that I'd fit into a hot chanie outfit, well, maybe several sewed together Rolling Eyes )

Tablepoetry

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 6:01 pm
mazal555 wrote:
I think that the hot Chani phenomena is mostly the fault of their husbands. If they felt secure and loved and paid attention to by their husbands, most of these women wouldn't dress this way because they wouldn't feel like they needed to. Notice that there are not as many single hot chanis?

Most women I know aren't dressing for their husbands when they leave the house, nor is their dress a reflection of how much their husband loves them. Hard to believe, but not everyone's identity revolves around their husband.
The women I know choose their mode of dress, including level of flashinesss, based on things like personality, cultural background, figure, and social circle. I really dont think there is some subconscious cry here for more attention davka from the husband. Maybe some of the more ostentatious dressers want more attention from people in general. Maybe they dont like blending into the background. But it doesnt mean anything's missing in their marriage.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 7:31 pm
Frumdoc wrote:

Hot chanies serve a useful purpose in letting me know what style I'm going to be buying in the thrift shops in 12 months time (not that I'd fit into a hot chanie outfit, well, maybe several sewed together Rolling Eyes )

Yes

BoomChickaPop

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 7:40 pm
marina wrote:
Say the above is true. As a parent you are still going to teach your children your values and you will, certainly, insist that they not follow the majority like little sheep, right? Say everyone is bullying a child. You will teach your kids that it doesn't matter what everyone is doing - your child will do something else. And you won't necessarily be mechanech the other kids or their families.

Or even something simpler- some parents buy their child a brand new million dollar car for their 16th birthday, but that's not what you'll be doing and you'll expect your child to understand. I don't see the difference btw this and tznius.

I think a difference is that the tznius breaches related to dressing inappropriately but still within guidelines (long sleeves, skirts to the knee) are not black and white. This is different than a 7:30 bedtime which is very clear. The same thing with a million dollar car - either you are getting it or not getting it, the line is very clear.

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 10:35 pm
mandr wrote:
[quote="Lady Godiva] Will I need to take a shower too?
Use baby wipes LOL[/quote]

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Good job I am not drinking right now. Omg.

ElTam

Post Wed, Aug 20 2014, 1:03 am
Totally agree that chinuch of my children is 100% the responsibility of me and my DH.

Also believe kol aravim zeh l'zeh.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Aug 28 2014, 9:09 pm
OK ladies, I found a blog for you that pretty well sums it up. This is a frum woman, and believe it or not she's a Grandmother! Surprised

http://www.fashion-isha.com/20.....ha%29

Just so you don't think she's shallow, she's also politically active, works tirelessly for charity, runs marathons, and has even donated a kidney. I am NOT making this up! She's a wonderful person. She just happens to adore the "Chani" style (and I am seriously curious about how much her sheitel cost.)

debsey

Post Thu, Aug 28 2014, 9:30 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
OK ladies, I found a blog for you that pretty well sums it up. This is a frum woman, and believe it or not she's a Grandmother! Surprised

Just so you don't think she's shallow, she's also politically active, works tirelessly for charity, runs marathons, and has even donated a kidney. I am NOT making this up! She's a wonderful person. She just happens to adore the "Chani" style (and I am seriously curious about how much her sheitel cost.)
I know Sharon personally. While she is beautiful and fashionable and looks about 25 (and is just gorgeous inside and out) I dk if she'd accept the hot Chani name. She's about high class fashion, not lowbrow let-it-all-hang-out s*xuality. She's Vogue, not Cosmo. Her whole thing is u can be a tzniusdik fashionista, and if anyone can pull it off, she can!

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Aug 28 2014, 9:39 pm
And if you're reading this, Sharon, Wave

Learning

Post Fri, Aug 29 2014, 3:01 am
Is she in the pics with the baby?

ally

Post Fri, Aug 29 2014, 3:15 am
Pretty sure she is on imamother

Heyaaa

Post Fri, Aug 29 2014, 3:52 am
FranticFrummie wrote:

She doesn't look like how I imagine a hot Chany. She's stunning but she's too classy IMHO for a hot Chani.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Aug 29 2014, 6:40 am
love sharon
Page 6 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics