Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Stupid Babysitter

rivmom

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 6:22 pm
My Babysitter informed me today that served breakfast to my child bread and Jam. was wondering since I don’t recall having this item in my house! Was amazed to find out that she severed Duck Sauce!! Poor buy Crying
I guess I should change the post to "stupid mom" for hiring her.

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 6:24 pm
Duck sauce isn't that different from apricot jam. Why don't you show her what you like to serve your child? I wouldn't call her stupid for that.

IMHopinion

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 6:35 pm
When a recipe calls for duck sauce or apricot jam, I always use either one or substitute one for the other. They're so similar.
ItS possible she never saw duck sauce in her life and was sure it's jam.

starmarket

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 6:54 pm
Yep - ingredients are pretty much the same as jam!

Nomad

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 6:58 pm
That sounds tasty actually!

kb

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 7:43 pm
Stupid babysitter might not think to give your son breakfast... might give your kid cookies for breakfast...

I don't think you're a stupid mother, but maybe you could have thought ahead and told your babysitter what you want her to give your child. (There is cereal in the first cabinet, bowls on the table, and milk in the fridge. Please give him the red milk.)

You didn't give her instructions, and she figured out a filling breakfast for you child. Good for her!

ronbonboo

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 8:18 pm
Im a pretty smart person but I don't know your home, and I can't read your mind. If you don't tell me what you want me feeding your children or where the food is I probably won't feed them what you wanted me to feed them.

rivmom

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 9:22 pm
It was HOT duck sauce.
She knows my house and what she should have been serving, it is the first time in months I went back to work, so she wanted to be cute and creative and smear him a new spread.
However you’re right I shouldn't call her stupid, I was just over compassionate for my child.

debsey

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 9:24 pm
I have a recipe for peanut chicken that calls for peanut butter and HOT duck sauce! Maybe she's not stupid, maybe she's a gourmet cook!!!! Wink
Please tell me you are more courteous to her in real life.........

rivmom

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 9:36 pm
Of course, I didn't mention to her a word about it, (that why I had to vent it here)

debsey

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 9:37 pm
rivmom wrote:
Of course, I didn't mention to her a word about it, (that why I had to vent it here)

Whew

octopus

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 9:39 pm
I get you op. You have every right to be upset. Don't know what's up with the "stupid" police- sounds like my two year old who polices the rest of my kids when they use that word. I don't have any experience with duck sauce (don't own it/cook with it) but you should really say something to your babysitter so there is no repeat of this.

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 9:40 pm
I totally get you.
I also blow up over a little thing the babysitter does wrong. Especially if you just went back to work after a few months, it is hard we trust our kids to these people and they have their own ways and so do we.

Hug
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics