Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Why do they always ruin things?
Previous  1  2

zigi

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 4:01 pm
you can do museums and the zoo, but they will be running around doing their own thing, at the museum of natural history my son liked running around the ocean hall, he wasn't the only one doing it so it was fine. museum of transportation they ran through the gallery and then from one train to another. eventually I saw all the exhibits.

they might like the woods if there is a stream and rocks to throw. my kids had a blast there

zaq

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 7:01 pm
miami85 wrote:
Oh yea, and then to top it off, when we finally paid for a babysitter recently to go to a wedding, my DH spent most of the night worrying that they were giving the babysitter a hard time, or that we were going to get back late. We couldn't just enjoy ourselves!

Well, you can hardly claim that your kids ruined the wedding for you--the culprit was your own frame of mind. Understandable and normal, but not the children's fault.

welcome to parenthood, babe. hate to tell you this is normal. There's a reason it's called TZAAR gidul banim. Cheer up. In about 12 years they'll be off and running with their pals and you and dh will have all the time in the world to take in a museum together.

Seriously, you get about 6 golden years, from around age 6 to around age 12, plus/minus, when your kids are willing to go places with you and have the maturity to participate in organized activities, before they decide that having parents is an embarrassment and they'd rather do anything or nothing with their friends than go anywhere with you.

Grandchildren, btw, are your ultimate reward for not killing your children in childhood. Grandchildren you can enjoy to the hilt.

spinkles

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 7:32 pm
Since your kids are little you can plan date nights at home for after your kids are asleep. Wine, special food, candles? Or beer, peanuts, and a card game?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics