Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
I hope this reaches the right people...

amother

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 3:22 am
First of all I want to say that I really appreciate you having me in mind. I do. It makes me feel wonderful to be a part of this nation BUT please stop dropping off food packages at my door. I feel absolutely horrible when 95% of it goes to the garbage bin. My kids are used to the simplest foods, they don't touch it. My husband and I can't eat it fast enough. Besides, we like managing with what we have, we're OK.
I wish I would be able to reach out to whoever organized this... If you or your family is involved in sending /delivering boxes of food from grocery stores anonymously, please know a Midwood family of 10 would love to have their boxes redirected to those in real need. Thank you for understanding and thank you for caring.

groisamomma

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 9:24 am
Maybe call Tomchei Shabbos directly?

amother

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 10:13 am
For years someone we didn't know would send us cash in the mail. While it was very much appreciated the truth is that we didn't need the cash to manage but had no way of letting the anonymous person know. We did try to pass it on to people who were in more need.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 12:07 pm
Maybe you can forward the boxes to me... :'(

amother

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 12:45 pm
My mother has weekly appointments and sometimes more often when she leaves early the house and comes home late and too tired to cook any meals for us. She has serious health issues that is kept a secret so no help. I remember as a child we almost every day found cooked food outside our door when we came home from school. My mother wasn't home yet then. When she came home she served that to us but we never liked those food. We were used to eating plain simple meals or fast sandwiches not fancy eggplant parmeson or two tone chicken loaf... Most food went into the garbage. My mother was so ashamed that she got those food so never bothered figuring out who sent them.

Please people, be nice and sent food money or clothing only after asking.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 8:01 pm
amother wrote:
Maybe you can forward the boxes to me... :'(

I would be glad to. If anyone could think of an anonymous way to do it please let me know. I am the OP and I live in Midwood, Brooklyn .

mommy of boys

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 8:26 pm
dh does volunteer to drop off food boxes to families anonymously through an organization (not tomchei shabbos)
He is ok with transferring a box if both of you are interested. (anonymously of course!)
pm me if you're interested
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics