Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Stroller with boogie board -- recommendations?

amother

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 7:56 am
The subject line says it all! I'm looking to purchase a new stroller, and would like it to cover as many of these parameters as possible:

- good for newborn through 30/40 lbs.
- rear boogie board for a toddler (no interest in a sit/stand)
- folds well for going in/out of the car
- not easily identifiable as an expensive brand (so no Bugaboos and Uppas), this parameter is a must!

Thank you for your help!

Lady Bug

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 8:03 am
Any carriage can be fitted with a buggy board, so you can find a carriage with your other characteristics, and then buy the buugy board separately.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 14 2014, 9:04 pm
Good to know, thank you!

bnm

Post Thu, Aug 14 2014, 9:16 pm
since stroller companies set standard price points everyone can tell how much you spent/what originally it was worth.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Aug 14 2014, 9:16 pm
Baby jogger versa. You can get their brand of rising board or any universal one.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 14 2014, 9:52 pm
@BNM -- My larger concern is avoiding a brand that screams "bling." (I realize that this is all relative, in some communities a Bob or Mountain Buggy single is standard and in others it is considered high-end.)

@MaBelleVie -- Are you happy with the Versa? A friend recommended the Baby Jogger Elite so I've been reading up on that.

mom2dkay

Post Thu, Aug 14 2014, 9:53 pm
Most buggy boards are universal and will adapt to most strollers.

I don't think you meant "boogie" board. Wink

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Aug 14 2014, 10:07 pm
The elite will be heavier for getting in and out of the car. I don't have the versa but in general people seem to like it a lot, and it's a very easy stroller to use with great features for a low price. If you do a lot of walking, or you have rough terrain, the elite will definitely be a better push though.

whirlwind

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 7:56 pm
I have the Versa and use the baby jogger glider board with it for my 3 year old on longer walks. I am thrilled with it. My favorite feature is the seat- you can easily flip it from facing you to facing away. It also has a huge basket which is really convenient. The recline is different from what I'm used to so check out pics on baby joggers website to see if u like that aspect. It has a 2 step fold, not 1 step like city mini and other baby joggers, but is still pretty easy and quick for stuffing in trunk. Canopy goes down low enough to protect baby from sun. As far as the board- I do feel like it gets in the way of my feet slightly and I have to hold my arms out more to walk while pushing the stroller but I haven't tried it on another stroller so don't know if anything else is better. It's not too bad but not the same as pushing without it. Post or pm me if u have more questions about te Versa...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics