Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
California or Florida?

amother

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 6:55 pm
I'm the OP of the previous thread about L.A. with a 5 year old boy. Now I'm having second thoughts that Legoland and SeaWorld and DisneyLand might be too much (exhaustion wise) and that Disney World is more appropriate for a just 5 year old that is very into Disney Junior characters and doesn't know any of the regular disney stuff.

Ideas? We are likely going for just about a week.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 7:06 pm
I'd chose California since I want to go there but Orlando is great for a kid-SeaWorld, Magic Kingdom...if you rent a villa you can have a private pool...

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 7:43 pm
California weather is much better this time of year. I went to Orlando in August and it was so hot and humid it was really tough to be outdoors all day.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 8:04 pm
thank you for pointing out the weather issue. I checked both places and both not good in the 90s, except it's supposed to rain in Florida then Sad

agreer

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 8:23 pm
California is dry. Florida is humid. You cannot compare 90 in L.A. to 90 in Orlando.

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 8:24 pm
I've been in LA in august too and it's a lot more tolerable, at least for me, due to much lower humidity. Orlando will very possibly be rainy, but not an all day kind of rain. Usually it's brief.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 8:39 pm
so you are saying that regardless of if DisneyWORLD is better than DisneyLAND, the weather will make it not enjoyable and we should go to California?

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 8:41 pm
debbie downer here...

enjoy your vacations! but watch this documentary before you ever go to sea-world: http://blackfishmovie.com/

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 8:42 pm
I'm not really sure what differences between the parks that you seem to be concerned about. LA has lots to do besides theme parks if you don't want day after day of those.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 8:44 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
debbie downer here...

enjoy your vacations! but watch this documentary before you ever go to sea-world: http://blackfishmovie.com/

I'm assuming this is regarding poor treatment of the animals?

My son is obsessed with all things marine and really wants to go and swim with dolphins and see whales etc… It's my way of encouraging the science for him.

vintagebknyc

Post Wed, Aug 20 2014, 12:17 pm
amother wrote:
I'm assuming this is regarding poor treatment of the animals?

My son is obsessed with all things marine and really wants to go and swim with dolphins and see whales etc… It's my way of encouraging the science for him.

it's about the poor treatment (aka torture methods) seaworld uses to "train" their orcas. you don't have to believe me, but you might not want to support a place where this happens, much less watch their tricks. (if you're looking to encourage science, watch the movie to see if their behavior toward animals is acceptable to you. if you don't agree, no harm no foul. )

I don't mean to derail your vaca plans, really. I just want people to understand where their admission fees are going.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics