Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Girly tv show
Previous  1  2

Shirley

Post Wed, Aug 20 2014, 1:38 am
I was just lamenting today that there are no more light sweet one hour dramas like Gilmore Girls! (I'm nerd enough to be grateful they live on in fanfic-dom embarrassed )

You seem to want the very light, very clean variety - and for that I'd recommend Everwood and The O.C.
For a bit more angst and lots of teen drama, there's the always perfect Dawson's Creek.
But the absolute must, even though it's got it's share of action: Veronica Mars. It's smart. It's funny. It's the best I've ever seen. It's got the 7 markers of perfection: Perfect casting, amazing acting, genius storylines, brilliant script, perfect pacing, and stunning cinematography. Plus it's really funny (and really snarky)

If you had a hard time picking up on it Wink - - I'm a fan.

Shirley

Post Wed, Aug 20 2014, 1:51 am
I'll second (or third) the recommendation of Brothers & Sisters. Actually most Greg Berlanti shows (Everwood, Jack & Bobby, Brothers & Sisters) are good. He was even involved in Dawson's Creek - the good years.

For another completed sweet teen drama, try Wildfire.
For a really cool premise, try Switched at Birth. It's still on the air, but IMO it stopped being awesome after the second year. So I just pretended it stopped there. Wink It's all out on DVD.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 20 2014, 2:18 am
the mindy project - it's not squeaky clean but it is hilarious!
hart of dixie
switched at birth
pretty little liars
2 broke girls
the carrie dairies

oliveoil

Post Wed, Aug 20 2014, 9:22 am
hart of dixie
cedar cove
nashville

Shirley

Post Wed, Aug 20 2014, 12:25 pm
Oh, Nashville reminds me... Smash was good!

First season was definitely better than the second. I hate when they run out of a storyline and just end up going all soapy.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 20 2014, 12:44 pm
ty guys. some of these sound gr8. gotta see which my library has.

The O.C. was great. and hart of Dixie only has 2 seasons out on DVD and I watched those.

I started brothers and sisters. wasn't "attractive" should I continue? will it get better?

Shirley

Post Wed, Aug 20 2014, 7:20 pm
I don't think Brothers & Sisters should need to grow on you. I loved it from the start, although granted, I fell further in love with the characters and their idiosyncrasies the longer I stayed with them. Kitty doesn't start out as a phenomenal character, but she becomes the heart pretty fast. (And her guy by the end of this season isn't too shabby either).

My faves by far were Kevin and Sara. And Nora. Nora was always great.

Perhaps you can try another epi or or two. I think it if by the fourth episode you still don't care enough about the characters, then this show just isn't for you!

(Two of my favorite shows Rizzoli and Isles and Perception - some people just didn't get what I love about it. Similarly I found I couldn't get myself invested in Lost, Orange is the New Black and Scandal. Maybe I didn't want to, but regardless, we all have different preferences. Don't force it. Smile It's supposed to be entertainment! Guilt free pleasure. Just watch what works for you.

Shoshie

Post Wed, Aug 20 2014, 10:51 pm
I entered the suggestions into Amazon Prime. If you have A.P., three titles are available to stream for free: Dance Academy, Veronica Mars and Smash.

Shirley

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 12:46 pm
Shoshie wrote:
I entered the suggestions into Amazon Prime. If you have A.P., three titles are available to stream for free: Dance Academy, Veronica Mars and Smash.

Oh, you've made me so happy! Very Happy I know I can't afford it, timewise - but with sincerest apologies to all my other priorities: there's a VM marathon coming my way. (And while I did apologize, I'm not in the least bit sorry Wink)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics