Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Which magazine?
Previous  1  2

forever21

Post Wed, Aug 20 2014, 10:44 am
mommy dearest? have you made your decision? Smile funny how we're all writing that its a matter of opinion but it seems that we've all, or most anyway. voted for mishpacha! op, makes life easier that everyone is choosing the same mag,huh?

mommydearest

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 7:37 pm
Yes! I am going with Mishpacha. Thank you for your responses!

It seems from here and speaking to my friends personally it is the most legitimate magazine out there.

Thanks for all the input!

Happy reading. Smile

out-of-towner

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 8:00 pm
Enjoy! Good choice!

amother

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 7:09 pm
Since I don't wanna spend much on magazines, which I do not have much time to read, I subscribed to ami e-mag which costs only 50 bucks a year, and u have it always with u on ur smart phone or tablet, and I love it, and I don't have the problem of storage which must ppl who feel bad to throw away unreaded stuff cause 'maybe' they still gonna read it some day, which of course never happens (I'm pretty sure all u guys with subscriptions know what I'm talking about) and happens to be I love ami, I love their freshness and enthusiasm they come in every week

http://amimagazine.org/digital.html

amother

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 7:20 pm
If you are still unsure and need to read a few more mags to decide you can buy a one month subscription o mishpacha. Not as cheap as a yearly but still better then price at the newsstands

seeker

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 9:31 pm
amother wrote:
Since I don't wanna spend much on magazines, which I do not have much time to read, I subscribed to ami e-mag which costs only 50 bucks a year, and u have it always with u on ur smart phone or tablet, and I love it, and I don't have the problem of storage which must ppl who feel bad to throw away unreaded stuff cause 'maybe' they still gonna read it some day, which of course never happens (I'm pretty sure all u guys with subscriptions know what I'm talking about) and happens to be I love ami, I love their freshness and enthusiasm they come in every week

Does it include all the same content as the regular magazine?

boysrus

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 9:36 pm
mommydearest wrote:
Yes! I am going with Mishpacha. Thank you for your responses!

It seems from here and speaking to my friends personally it is the most legitimate magazine out there.

Thanks for all the input!

Happy reading. Smile

Good choice! Enjoy! I used to have subsciptions to a number of magazines, but then had to cutback for budgeting reasons, I am so glad that I decided to keep on with mishpacha, that was te only one that I kept up

amother

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 12:06 am
seeker wrote:
Does it include all the same content as the regular magazine?

But not the aim! Kids magazine

amother

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 1:55 am
I LOVE AMi! Sooo interesting!!!!
Can't believe no body likes it here. But then again, anytime an interesting topic comes up on imamother it gets deleted.... So mayb everyone here likes more nutural topics.... shock

Frumdoc

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 3:06 am
I, and possibly others here, are being polite and discrete about why we don't like the Ami, and it isn't because it is "too controversial".

People have spoken on here before about the loshon hora aspects of criticising a magazine or article, so lets not go there.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 6:14 am
amother wrote:

Most of us end up reading these magazines on Shabbos.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 6:17 am
amother wrote:
I LOVE AMi! Sooo interesting!!!!
Can't believe no body likes it here. But then again, anytime an interesting topic comes up on imamother it gets deleted.... So mayb everyone here likes more nutural topics.... shock

I'm with Frumdoc. But please, go ahead and tell us what you like about Ami. Nothing wrong with that.
Personally, I'll read Ami but not spend money on it. Now that it's been a few years, I think it's safe to say that it's been worthy competition to Mishpacha and may have prevented it from growing complacent.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 6:15 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Most of us end up reading these magazines on Shabbos.

So when I see a week is very interesting, and ill enjoy reading it on shabbes, ill buy a copy that single week

Frumdoc

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 6:41 pm
Mishpacha is my shabbos reading, I read other stuff during the week, but try to read no secular books on shabbos (as I read about 7 or 8 novels a week it is v hard not to on shabbos), electronic versions would not work for me.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics