Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Is it ok for a husband to "like" pictures of other women?
Previous  1  2

imasoftov

Post Wed, Aug 20 2014, 8:52 am
mommy2b2c wrote:
In the scenarios your describing I cant say I would really care if my husb would like those pictures, but that doesnt make it right. Your post just remindend me how stupid and foolish social media has become. Who in the world wants to waste their timing liking pictures and waiting to see if they get liked back? It amazes me how so many otherwise normal adults have gotten caught up in this nonsense.

Yes, sites with a "like" feature are so childish. Oh, wait.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Aug 20 2014, 9:19 am
imasoftov wrote:
Yes, sites with a "like" feature are so childish. Oh, wait.

Can you please underline the part of my post that says sites with a like feature are so childish? I read it over and I cant find that part.

(And just to be clear, I do think the "like" feature on this site is rather silly)

forever21

Post Wed, Aug 20 2014, 10:55 am
depends on what hes 'liking'. if its a family pic or something like that then I think its fine. If the woman is puckering her lips and trying to look s-xy (and I say 'trying' bec those women just look plain stupid when they do that) then I sure hope hes not liking that one!

black sheep

Post Wed, Aug 20 2014, 1:51 pm
first of all, social media is wonderful. I love it. there are so many reasons but I will name a few: keeping in touch with friends that you would normally completely lose touch with, sharing pics with family far away, keeping up to date on the latest news that pertains specifically to your interests (by following pages you like,) sharing of ideas, and for many people, promoting their businesses.

facebook is a tool, nothing more than that. you can use it for good or for bad. some people use facebook to try and stalk ex-girl/boy friends, or to chat with someone they shouldn't, or to post things that are not good for their image and reputation. it is a reflection of the people posting, not of the tool they are using to post or do these things. and you know, you can unfriend and unfollow anyone you want, and you can block your account from anyone you want, and you can choose to post or not post whatever you want.

that said, and back to OPs question, I can see why it would bother you if your husband "likes" pictures of women. he is probably not doing it to show that he likes her in any way, rather he is probably liking something about the picture, like the caption or the context etc.

for myself, I am very careful never to click like on male friends pics, and almost never on their statuses with very extreme exceptions. I'll comment, but not click like. mainly because I don't want my "like" to be taken the wrong way. like if I am trying to say "I like that you donated bullet proof vests to the IDF" by clicking like, I don't want any man to think, "oh, she likes me!" and some man might, so it's not worth it.

why don't you tell your husband that "likes" can be misinterpreted.

(and this to the poster who asked how you can trust your husband on facebook because who knows what he is thinking, I ask you, how can you trust him to go outside? don't you know there are women there, how can you know what he is thinking? and while we are on the topic, how do you ever know what he is thinking, and how on earth does he let you keep him on such a tight leash?)

amother

Post Wed, Aug 20 2014, 3:17 pm
forever21 wrote:
depends on what hes 'liking'. if its a family pic or something like that then I think its fine. If the woman is puckering her lips and trying to look s-xy (and I say 'trying' bec those women just look plain stupid when they do that) then I sure hope hes not liking that one!

Right

rachel91

Post Wed, Aug 20 2014, 3:52 pm
black sheep wrote:
first of all, social media is wonderful. I love it. there are so many reasons but I will name a few: keeping in touch with friends that you would normally completely lose touch with, sharing pics with family far away, keeping up to date on the latest news that pertains specifically to your interests (by following pages you like,) sharing of ideas, and for many people, promoting their businesses.

facebook is a tool, nothing more than that. you can use it for good or for bad. some people use facebook to try and stalk ex-girl/boy friends, or to chat with someone they shouldn't, or to post things that are not good for their image and reputation. it is a reflection of the people posting, not of the tool they are using to post or do these things. and you know, you can unfriend and unfollow anyone you want, and you can block your account from anyone you want, and you can choose to post or not post whatever you want.

that said, and back to OPs question, I can see why it would bother you if your husband "likes" pictures of women. he is probably not doing it to show that he likes her in any way, rather he is probably liking something about the picture, like the caption or the context etc.

for myself, I am very careful never to click like on male friends pics, and almost never on their statuses with very extreme exceptions. I'll comment, but not click like. mainly because I don't want my "like" to be taken the wrong way. like if I am trying to say "I like that you donated bullet proof vests to the IDF" by clicking like, I don't want any man to think, "oh, she likes me!" and some man might, so it's not worth it.

why don't you tell your husband that "likes" can be misinterpreted.

(and this to the poster who asked how you can trust your husband on facebook because who knows what he is thinking, I ask you, how can you trust him to go outside? don't you know there are women there, how can you know what he is thinking? and while we are on the topic, how do you ever know what he is thinking, and how on earth does he let you keep him on such a tight leash?)

👍this.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette