Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Gift idea for my special needs child's mitzvah girls

Yael_D

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 1:46 am
Hi everyone,

My son who is on the autism spectrum has had 2 girls who have been coming to play with him once a week for the last 2.5 years (right through their final year of high school). They are leaving to go to sem in Israel, and although we normally get them a small thank you at the end of each year, I really wanted to get them something more meaningful as a goodbye (he has just started with 2 teenage boys instead, as he is now 8).

I was thinking of getting them one of those circular pendants with something engraved on it, but I'm not sure? I would like something that has a reference to chessed, or friendship, as what they have given my son is incredible. That's why I liked the circular part, no ending kind of thing. Just not sure what to have engraved (no pesukim so no going into bathroom issues), so I put their names and my son's? Also, they often included and played with my daughter (who is neurotypical), so they both love the girls.

I wanted something that would last (obviously it probably isn't something they are going to wear until the are 40!), or I was going to get them a siddur (like Aneni or something), but being FFB they basically have everything.

Anyone got the perfect gift idea???

Thanks,
Yael

Yael_D

Post Wed, Aug 20 2014, 10:56 am
anyone have any ideas?

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Aug 20 2014, 10:59 am
They will always remember who gave them the gift, so I don't think that engraving your name is necessary unless you want to. Otherwise, a bracelet or necklace with a circle/heart with their names is nice. You'll give a nice letter explaining the meaning and how appreciative you are.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics