Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Phone upgrade advice

miami85

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 9:47 am
My current droid phone is working like a snail and I think it needs to be replaced. I can't go the regular upgrade route because I would lose my current plan which has been grandfathered in and I really like it.

I'm torn between my other options, 1)Going through insurance and getting same model (refurbished)--I like it, but it's an "old" phone, for around $100 2) Getting a refurbished new model phone through Amazon and paying anywhere from $150-$200.--But I'm not sure which phone to get.

Can anyone help me decide?

rachel91

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 9:59 am
I just got myself a new phone, since my old one which I also liked alot was broken.
I decided to get myself a better model and bought the Samsung galaxy S4 mini.
It was 299 euro, but it is cheaper on amazon.
It's a good phone I'm happy with it.
What are you looking for in a phone? The space? Big screen? Good camera? etc.

miami85

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 10:35 am
For me battery life is a big issue. Durability is a plus. Having mobile hotspot capability essential. Don't know why but the Motorola droids speak to me more, but I hear that they are inferior. What to do?

rachel91

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 10:50 am
miami85 wrote:
For me battery life is a big issue. Durability is a plus. Having mobile hotspot capability essential. Don't know why but the Motorola droids speak to me more, but I hear that they are inferior. What to do?

I had an Acer before, Samsung is considered a better company than Acer or Motorola. But I noticed indeed, that the battery life in my Acer was longer.

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 11:04 am
It would be expensive without a new contract, but the Samsung Galaxy S5 is fantastic -- I am a light user, but I get 3 days on one battery charge. The phone is very fast and responsive. Has anything you might need.

rachel91

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 11:07 am
OOTBubby wrote:
It would be expensive without a new contract, but the Samsung Galaxy S5 is fantastic -- I am a light user, but I get 3 days on one battery charge. The phone is very fast and responsive. Has anything you might need.

Yes I would have loved to get the s5 mini, since I don't like too big phones.
But I didn't want to pay that much.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars