Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Was I very rude this morning?

amother

Post Fri, Aug 22 2014, 7:01 am
My sister is going on holiday next week and needed a new passport. For complicated reasons, she couldn't have it delivered to her home, so I said that I would wait in today and it can be delivered to my flat and I'd sign for it. Just at the time the delivery man rang the bell, I'd received a very important phone call and I didn't want to ring off because this person is hard to get hold of. So I went down and signed for the passport and everything while concentrating on the phone and had to like mouth "thank you" to the delivery man and signally to him I'm so sorry etc. At least I was able to shout to him thank you just as he was getting on to his bike as that's when the phone call ended but I feel like I was just quite rude?

SplitPea

Post Fri, Aug 22 2014, 7:21 am
Life happens and I am sure he Is use to it.

I don't get off the phone for fed ex, ups, USPS or the Chinese delivery guy. They all come at random times and I can't plan my day to be off the phone and available for chit chat when they come.
If I can I ask the person to hold one moment and if I can't I do what you did.

acccdac

Post Fri, Aug 22 2014, 10:27 am
so I have this issue at the market.

usually when I am doing my shabbos shopping is when my sister and I talk and catch up on the week (yes we do talk almost daily but thats when I'm usually without my kids, and she is not at work).

When it comes to checking out, I'll either say "I'm about to check out I'll call you when I'm back in the car" or I'll continue talking and when it's time to pay I'll tell her to hang on a minute and talk with the checkout person or there are times I dont care and when I'm completely done I say, "one second" to my sister and then say "thank you have a good weekend" to the checkout person.

IMHopinion

Post Fri, Aug 22 2014, 1:52 pm
You were totally not rude at all.

Dolly Welsh

Post Fri, Aug 22 2014, 2:24 pm
You are so delicate-natured. I wish I lived next door to you.

debsey

Post Fri, Aug 22 2014, 2:30 pm
You are SUCH a lady. I don't think you were rude, just not AS gracious as you are accustomed to being. Don't ever move to the US (I'm taking from your choice of words that you are European?) because you'll think everyone is rude.
debsey

sequoia

Post Fri, Aug 22 2014, 3:41 pm
How nice there are such sensitive and polite people.

amother

Post Fri, Aug 22 2014, 3:49 pm
Wow. I aspire to be as fine and sensitive a person as you are. 99.9% of the population would never give one second of worry over something like this.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette