Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Helpne find a community

amother

Post Fri, Aug 22 2014, 4:44 pm
Dh and I are bothin the medical feild and have licenses in nj ( we could get licenced in other states but have not started the process) we both work in nj. The hospital where I work at is in north Jersey and dh works in west Jersey almost in pa. I am willing to apply to other positions dh is staying at his job. We are looking for a nice community in nj/ pa area ( not Lakewood) with the following criteria:

Relatively cheap or at least not a fortune
Good schooling through hs for girls and boys
A significant amount of yeshivish ( not hard core, but oot yeshivish or just plain frum)
Pple.

Any suggestions?

chatz

Post Fri, Aug 22 2014, 4:52 pm
I know someone who just moved to Philadelphia. I don't have first hand experience but I would think it would meet your criteria.

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Aug 22 2014, 5:09 pm
Teaneck ????

MaBelleVie

Post Fri, Aug 22 2014, 5:13 pm
Passaic, NJ

cbash

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 11:28 am
Hi, a great affordable and warm Jewish community is Rochester, NY. There are great job opportunities, especially in the medical field. Two huge amazing hospitals are Strong (through University of Rochester) and Rochester General Hospital. It also has amazing housing; it's 1/3 of the price of Brooklyn! My mortgage and property taxes for a 5 bedroom house are less than rent for a 2 bedroom apartment in Brooklyn. The schools here are very accepting and offer amazing education. It's a smaller community so each child gets individualized attention. The Rochester community is so tranquil and accepting; there’s no keeping up with the Jones’s and everyone’s so genuinely nice and caring. It's also close to the tri-state area if you ever want to visit, it's an approximate 5 hour drive to Brooklyn and it's closer to NJ. PM me for more details if you’re interested! We love hosting people for shabbat who are interested in learning more about our community! Very Happy

tryinghard

Post Sun, Sep 07 2014, 12:58 pm
cbash (hi btw, my sis is coming to you for RH) except that OP said her dh is not going to leave his job, so that's a bit of a tough commute... But, OP, if your dh would consider leaving his job, Rochester really is a great place, and we have a new minyan geared specifically towards young couples, with shiurim specifically for working guys and a few women's shiurim as well
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating