Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Affordable chassan/kallah token gift or gesture

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sat, Aug 23 2014, 11:58 pm
My friend is getting married soon, and I was thinking that I would like to do something nice for her, such as sending over a chassan/kallah breakfast basket during the week of sheva brachos, or something, but that would be free or almost free. I cannot afford to spend now, and she is already getting a gift from my other friends and me. Any suggestions of a nice gesture?

ROFL

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 12:02 am
How about helping with a small present from 99 cents store. You can get sewing kits , or a small handyman packet ( picture hooks, screw drivers , tale measure) , or other small handy things to have in her home.

cbg

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 12:13 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
My friend is getting married soon, and I was thinking that I would like to do something nice for her, such as sending over a chassan/kallah breakfast basket during the week of sheva brachos, or something, but that would be free or almost free. I cannot afford to spend now, and she is already getting a gift from my other friends and me. Any suggestions of a nice gesture?

That sounds like a nice gesture, but I wouldn't send something during the week of Sheva Berachot, especially early morning. Newly newly weds need their privacy.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 12:18 am
ROFL wrote:
How about helping with a small present from 99 cents store. You can get sewing kits , or a small handyman packet ( picture hooks, screw drivers , tale measure) , or other small handy things to have in her home.

Good idea, but did that already for her shower.

kb

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 12:22 am
Can you make your own breakfast platter and bring it over yourself (maybe the night before?)

2 muffins, small orange juices... doesn't have to be very expensive.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 12:23 am
cbg wrote:
That sounds like a nice gesture, but I wouldn't send something during the week of Sheva Berachot, especially early morning. Newly newly weds need their privacy.

I don't see why a basket can't be delivered late morning, and even be left at door with no invasion of privacy. However, I don't think I will do that, since making it myself isn't an option, and a bought basket I'd imagine is beyond my budget.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 12:24 am
I think breakfast is a great idea but send it the night before. Like cbg said newlyweds need privacy, especially earl in the am.
It can be pretty cheap. 2 bagels, a few slices cheese, tomato, small bottle of oj or milk,
Will they have a microwave? If they do you can send homemade pancakes, they are cheaper than bagels.

kb

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 12:27 am
I wouldn't think that it has to be a Basket. It can just be a shopping bag with a few things inside and a note. (It's the thought that counts) Unless you have a different reason that you can't do it yourself other than worrying about esthetics.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 12:37 am
And if I do decide to prepare breakfast myself, what would you suggest I send? Only cold items so doesn't need to be reheated. Muffins or danishes, yogurts, sliced cheese, bagels, salad, milk, individual cereal cups, oj, coffee packets?

cfriedman2

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 12:58 am
What abt stuff for havdalah- candle and bsamim? I remm running to the store the week of Sheva brancos buying those stuff
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics