Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Split Ends - Mishpacha serial
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 2:00 pm
I've only been reading this on and off. I dont buy mispacha every week. did they ever discuss why they dont try giving Avi some medicine for his ADHD?

acccdac

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 9:32 pm
from what I understand is they "just dont want medication."

I dont think they ever discussed the side effects (appetite, lethargic, not feeling ones self, etc.)

I think they were just "no medication" b'shita

seeker

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 9:44 pm
ADHD meds have a bad rap in general. Part of it was that Bin was in denial and didn't want his son labeled with a "problem" as medication would indicate. Now that Bin came around it seems that Libby is just as against it, though, so I don't know.

malkacooks

Post Thu, Aug 14 2014, 3:53 pm
is it just me or dies it seem silly that they wont even give meds a try. if he has side effects they can always just stop...

groisamomma

Post Thu, Aug 14 2014, 4:39 pm
I sense her getting less resistant to the idea of meds for Avi now that Rifky told her that her kids are medicated.

rise above

Post Fri, Aug 15 2014, 8:58 am
Grrrr...
This week moved NO WHERE!
Hidden: 

Other then cementing the idea that Mira is going to go out as Libbys competition.

malkacooks

Post Mon, Aug 18 2014, 11:04 am
I agree, nothing to update here. I was so excited for this week's and now nothing new to report Sad

luvinlife

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 7:30 am
I forgot to buy mishpacha this past week. anyone care to share what happened?

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 9:04 am
luvinlife wrote:
I forgot to buy mishpacha this past week. anyone care to share what happened?

Hidden: 

Let's see, how much worse can Libby's life get? Her landlord kicks her out and Avi wants to stay with Bin.

luvinlife

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 9:37 am
Thanks Pink Fridge! I can't believe this is happening to her Crying

malkacooks

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 11:22 am
I kinda miss the mother in law... I liked her

malkacooks

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 11:25 am
I didnt get mispacha this week. it totally slipped my mind with back to school stuff. Has things gotten better for libby?

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 3:52 pm
It was almost a week ago but as far as I recall, nothing too interesting happened. They went to the psychiatrist, who explained blah blah about the medicine (nothing you wouldn't have already read in one of the articles about ADHD, or any website.) It was all pretty bland, IIRC.

rise above

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 1:50 pm
Feeling frustrated with the lack of movement. The only hint to something future is the last 3 pharagraphs this week. The first 1.5 pages with her mother got us no where.

luvinlife

Post Sat, Sep 06 2014, 3:46 pm
I think that there's a lot going on now!! the guy she was going out with had ADHD himself...now that she is taking care of putting her child on meds maybe they will reunite!

roika

Post Sat, Sep 06 2014, 4:16 pm
Are you confusing the plumber, Shimmy and Shimon, the man she dated?

Rainbows613

Post Sat, Sep 06 2014, 5:58 pm
Great thread.. I was also confused why there was a shimmy and a shimon.. there are plenty of other names to have used! which leads to suspect they are one and the same person-I.e. the guy she dated and this plumber..

junam

Post Sat, Sep 06 2014, 6:05 pm
I think I recall Libby actually seeing the plumber at one point so it can't have been the same guy she dated.

acccdac

Post Sat, Sep 06 2014, 11:26 pm
Libby never dated the plumber. Avi met him early on, and if I remember correctly one of his elderly clients wanted to set him up with someone

She dated a guy with a similar name

malkacooks

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 11:31 am
I really liked this serial but now things are so slow. Kinda loosing interest. I personally thought the whole question of whether or not to put her son on meds was silly. he clearly needed it and it was obvious to me as the reader that eventually she was "going to see the light" and give it to him.
Page 3 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room