Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Shopping in Lakewood - Please help

newmommy1

Post Mon, Aug 18 2014, 10:52 pm
I'm going to be in Lakewood soon and wanted to find out where the best places are to get very specific things. If you recommend a certain store, can you please also give the address/intersection.

I'm looking for:
1. a Judaica/sefarim shop that has a really good selection and really good prices.
2. Where is Amazing Savings?
3. What store has the nicest and biggest selection of napkins? (so silly, I know)
4. maybe the most important, I need an outfit for a wedding. I'm just a guest but have nothing to wear. I'm kind of plus sized, about size 16/18 so I need a shop that doesn't just have stuff for size 2's. Also it's not a frum wedding, so I want something that's kind of stylish.

Thanks so much, ladies!

groisamomma

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 12:28 am
newmommy1 wrote:
I'm going to be in Lakewood soon and wanted to find out where the best places are to get very specific things. If you recommend a certain store, can you please also give the address/intersection.

I'm looking for:
1. a Judaica/sefarim shop that has a really good selection and really good prices.

Judaica Plaza in Shop rite plaza @ 1700 Madison Avenue corner of Route 9 and Kennedy Boulevard. I think my GPS calls Route 9 by the name of U.S. Highway 9 for some reason.

2. Where is Amazing Savings?

In the Grebow Shopping Center on Route 9 South. It is in the first shopping center after Shop rite plaza as you leave Lakewood. Closest intersection is Route 9 and Alexander Avenue (you will need to take the jughandle at Alexander Ave to cross Route 9 into the shopping center). GPS might tell you it's in Howell, NJ.

3. What store has the nicest and biggest selection of napkins? (so silly, I know)

Not sure about this one but definitely try B&B Party Goods. They are located in the same shopping center as Rite Aid and Glatt Bite at the corner of Kennedy Boulevard and Clifton Avenue directly across the street from the Shloimy's grocery.

4. maybe the most important, I need an outfit for a wedding. I'm just a guest but have nothing to wear. I'm kind of plus sized, about size 16/18 so I need a shop that doesn't just have stuff for size 2's. Also it's not a frum wedding, so I want something that's kind of stylish.

Really not sure about this one (sorry!) But maybe try Brooklyn Southwest in the Shoprite plaza or Daniella's in the same shopping center as B&B or Junee in the Grebow Shopping center.

Thanks so much, ladies!

lkwdmommy

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 12:57 pm
Center of Town on 2nd Street (253 2nd St) has an incredible selection of napkins in every color and style imaginable. The Center of Town in Shoprite Plaza also has a nice selction, but the 2nd St one has much more.

Directly across from the 2nd Street C.O.T. is Torah Treasures, a Judaica store which has discounted prices on everything and a great selection.

Daniella's is closed, but European Finesse has a very nice choice in woman's sizes, dressy and weekday. They are in the Clifton Shopping Plaza on E. Kennedy Blvd. between Clifton and Lexington (with Glatt Bite, Hosiery Plus, and more).

debsey

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 1:03 pm
Despite Fashion Stop's reputation as having only very "frummy" clothes, they have a large selection to fit many tastes and sizes. On Clifton Ave and I believe fourth street

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 1:40 pm
Judaica plaza is great and has an awesome selection, but Torah treasures on 2nd st has better prices
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics