Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
*Mandr's Deal Thread*
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 2:48 pm
well, mandr, here's a hint: when on carters.com, shop for multi-packs. carters sells dresses in two-packs and often sells outfits with multiple pieces (long pants with a long sleeved shirt, a short sleeved shirt, and something else, sometimes a jacket or bib). buy these when they are on sale. if you buy a few styles, you'll have a whole wardrobe. and the prices work out so each piece is cheaper than if you buy, say, a five-pack of bodysuits on sale. but you're getting the bodysuits in the outfit anyway.

mandr

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 2:55 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
well, mandr, here's a hint: when on carters.com, shop for multi-packs. carters sells dresses in two-packs and often sells outfits with multiple pieces (long pants with a long sleeved shirt, a short sleeved shirt, and something else, sometimes a jacket or bib). buy these when they are on sale. if you buy a few styles, you'll have a whole wardrobe. and the prices work out so each piece is cheaper than if you buy, say, a five-pack of bodysuits on sale. but you're getting the bodysuits in the outfit anyway.

Thanks for the tip, I always like good shopping advice. However, I don't buy Carters for two reasons;

I find their designs tacky - why should my baby wear a tshirt with a huge frog on it that says CROAK in huge glittery green letters? I know it's fine and all, but personally I think it's a bit too loud, but I know most people like it.

Their stuff all look the same so if I get him a few items they'll all be really similar to the next. Like they don't have so many "series", you know?

I did have a few Carters sleepers for him for last winter that my mother got from Costco. I'll agree with Zehava that their fabric quality is excellent. The fleece never pimpled or got weird.

mandr

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 10:17 am
Some good coupons for Shutterfly. Coupon codes below:

BOOK4FREE Free 8x8 book (or $29 off a larger photobook) - (Valid 9/4-9/10)
CARD4U - free card, doesn't expire as of yet.
YOUCHOOSE - Choose one free luggage tag, or one free 16x20 print, or a $10 off $10 discount (Valid 9/6-9/7)

You still pay shipping for these stuff but I call this a pretty good deal. The shipping for an 8x8 photobook is a $7.99. The other stuff vary.

debsey

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 12:17 pm
Carter's outlet is great. But at full price - not worth it. Just as a side note, the Carter's sleepers you get at Cosco are not the same quality as the ones you get in Carters. They make a special run for big box stores.
The only thing I buy in the Carter's outlet is sleepers, sleep-wear, and underwear. Occasionally, I'll like a basic piece, like a set of leggings, but most Carter's clothing isn't to my taste.

saw50st8

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 12:38 pm
mandr, do these codes work with in store pickup?

mandr

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 12:52 pm
saw50st8 wrote:
mandr, do these codes work with in store pickup?

As far as I know, they don't.

saw50st8

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 12:53 pm
Yeah usually not. I hate that because I can pick up from Walgreens and why pay shipping? It negates the "free' aspect of it.

mandr

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 12:58 pm
saw50st8 wrote:
Yeah usually not. I hate that because I can pick up from Walgreens and why pay shipping? It negates the "free' aspect of it.

I don't get prints from Shutterfly, I get photo gifts like cards, magnets, books, etc. I only order prints from them when I need to reach a minimum order and since they cost so little, they're great fillers.

mandr

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 1:00 pm
Btw, the free luggage tag (see my post above) is great for kids' briefcases now that school has begun. Make a cute one with your child's photo and his address/name information, which is a good safety measure.

mandr

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 10:38 am
Double Snap N Go stroller FRAME is on sale for $40.99 with free shipping!

http://amzn.com/B008U4MKU6

Usually it's like $80.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 10:57 am
Ok, this I just figured out and I'm kind of upset I don't need it Wink

Kohl's through ebates (6% back) Britax B-agile Double after BRITAX50 and TRICK30 (for card holders) is under $300 with $50 cash back. (!!!!)

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Oct 22 2014, 10:57 am
And men's shirts for under $9 each:
http://bargainboutiquedeals.co.....ping/

Rikkip

Post Mon, Nov 10 2014, 10:57 am
While I normally don't go for jcpennys quality in clothing, I just found skirts in ALL lengths online there. You can get them CHEAP!! Like a long chiffon pleated one for $5 or reg pencil skirts for about $15. With coupons.
Worth checking it out now with the big sales happening.
I got one size up so the High waisted skirts land lower and are long enough for me ( I'm 5 11)
You can find coupons on ebates (which is worth the time cause you get money back) or retail me not. Both of which are convenient to use with their app.

I recently got 6 skirts for $100. Including a gorgeous gold and black one that im planning on using for chasunahs.

Hatzlocha!!

wereafamily

Post Mon, Nov 10 2014, 11:03 am
Love this thread!!!

malkacooks

Post Mon, Nov 10 2014, 11:22 am
thanks

Barbara

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 3:41 pm
If anyone is looking for some inexpensive basic kitchen stuff, gilt has some Kitchen Aid gadgets.

http://www.gilt.com/sale/home/.....gn=GS(H):US:WM:Desktop:PagePost:Lookalike:Esc_All

Its an extra 20% off if you spend $150, so the 4.5 quart stand mixer would be just under $200. Tempting even "I don't need a stand mixer, food processor, or other stuff like that" me.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 2:16 pm
For anyone that lives near Bonton's, I'm not sure how this happened but they sent me coupons in the mail as follows:

$50 off an apparel purchase (I bought two new tops and spent $9.96)
$35 off a purchase in the shoe department (I got a pair of AK flats for $3.24)
$15 off cosmetics (got a Clinique lipliner for just over $1)

I must be on their mailing list. Some of the above discounts were on top of great sale prices.

debsey

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 3:14 pm
Chayalle wrote:
For anyone that lives near Bonton's, I'm not sure how this happened but they sent me coupons in the mail as follows:

$50 off an apparel purchase (I bought two new tops and spent $9.96)
$35 off a purchase in the shoe department (I got a pair of AK flats for $3.24)
$15 off cosmetics (got a Clinique lipliner for just over $1)

I must be on their mailing list. Some of the above discounts were on top of great sale prices.

There's a Bonton's near Lakewood? Where?! And how do you get on their mailing list. Your "metziyos" are fantastic, Chayalle! Clue me in.

sky

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 3:49 pm
BonTon is in Brick, down Cedar Bridge, off of Route 70. In the plaza with Chuckie Cheese.
(as always check my directions because I have no sense of anywhere)

Chayalle

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 4:15 pm
debsey wrote:
There's a Bonton's near Lakewood? Where?! And how do you get on their mailing list. Your "metziyos" are fantastic, Chayalle! Clue me in.

My sister also wants to know how I got on their mailing list. I'm not sure - I don't remember doing anything, though I did by cosmetics there about 2 years ago. I may have an account on their website, though I don't even remember doing that.

Try checking their website. I really did well there.
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains