Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do you prefer red or white wine?

amother

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 5:59 pm
I prefer red. I find it sweeter even though people say white is sweeter.

Lady Godiva

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 6:30 pm
I drink both, depending on what and who I'm drinking it with. I also like a dry rose wine.

(Why are you amother for this? Are you embarrassed that you like red wine?)

bigsis144

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 6:54 pm
Ugh. Neither. I don't do alcohol in any way shape or form, and I don't even like grape juice.

Closest I've gotten to enjoying wine was a blackberry-Cabernet flavored sorbet.

gittelchana

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 7:14 pm
amother wrote:
I prefer red. I find it sweeter even though people say white is sweeter.

Red wine with meat, cold white wine when having a relaxing drink.

(No, I don't get to enjoy such luxury on a regular basis... If I did, this is my preference)

zaq

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 7:18 pm
Ahem. There are sweet reds, semi-sweet reds, semi-dry reds and dry reds. Likewise, sweet whites, semi-sweet whites, semi-dry whites and dry whites, also sweet blushes, semi-sweet blushes etc. And one company's semi-dry is another company's semi-sweet.

STovah

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 7:23 pm
Dry white when having a glass of wine to relax, full-bodied dry red when having it with a meal.

debsey

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 8:13 pm
Depends what I'm pairing it with. But to drink by itself, I like Jeneusse, Late Harvest Riesling (white) or another semi-sweet wine.

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 2:55 am
I'm actually all rounder when it comes to wine. It really depends on when I'm drinking and what I'm drinking with. Even with meat, turkey and veal go better with white, whereas rich pasta or mackerel goes better with red. Usually I don't do sweet stuff unless it's dessert wine or used for cooking (as in compote). Though Israeli gewurtztraminer is delicious. That's why I'm conceptually against Jeuness, which I think is an equivalent of a bicycle with training wheels--how to give impression of sophistication for folks more accustomed to Manischewitz concord or Bertenula Muscato (aka slightly alcoholic seven-up).

The only thing is I tend to be a bit picky on whites, I HATE cheap, almost acidic Chardonnay. So I prefer other whites that are more interesting, like Sauvignon blanc, Pinot Grigot or Fume Blanc which is delicious. Also I'm not really a big fan of really big Cav Sauvignon--esp slightly higher alcoholic ones that remind me so much of 80s steakhouse-and-cigar days.

We tend to stock up on good French wine but recently found Israeli premier winery to be producing more consistent products. (Cave is my favourite, ditto for premier Taperburg, again Castel is too heavy for me). Though I don't know why Israeli wine tends to focus on single varitable, whereas they should be doing more blends. Spanish Rioja is lovely, we also found nice Portuguese.

gittelchana

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 11:03 am
zaq wrote:
Ahem. There are sweet reds, semi-sweet reds, semi-dry reds and dry reds. Likewise, sweet whites, semi-sweet whites, semi-dry whites and dry whites, also sweet blushes, semi-sweet blushes etc. And one company's semi-dry is another company's semi-sweet.

Yes, yes.

Dry only for me LOL

Smiling Wife

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 1:17 pm
I can't think of wines alone, I think of wine in terms of pairings, what I am drinking it with, when am I drinking it etc...

Bissli you sound like you know what you are talking about!! Refreshing!
Mrs Bissli wrote:
I'm actually all rounder when it comes to wine. It really depends on when I'm drinking and what I'm drinking with. Even with meat, turkey and veal go better with white, whereas rich pasta or mackerel goes better with red. Usually I don't do sweet stuff unless it's dessert wine or used for cooking (as in compote). Though Israeli gewurtztraminer is delicious. That's why I'm conceptually against Jeuness, which I think is an equivalent of a bicycle with training wheels--how to give impression of sophistication for folks more accustomed to Manischewitz concord or Bertenula Muscato (aka slightly alcoholic seven-up).

The only thing is I tend to be a bit picky on whites, I HATE cheap, almost acidic Chardonnay. So I prefer other whites that are more interesting, like Sauvignon blanc, Pinot Grigot or Fume Blanc which is delicious. Also I'm not really a big fan of really big Cav Sauvignon--esp slightly higher alcoholic ones that remind me so much of 80s steakhouse-and-cigar days.

We tend to stock up on good French wine but recently found Israeli premier winery to be producing more consistent products. (Cave is my favourite, ditto for premier Taperburg, again Castel is too heavy for me). Though I don't know why Israeli wine tends to focus on single varitable, whereas they should be doing more blends. Spanish Rioja is lovely, we also found nice Portuguese.

busydev

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 1:23 pm
neither.

I do like grape juice tho.

Optione

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 1:28 pm
Dry red. But not Merlot- too dry for me
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics