Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
School bags

Apples

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 9:07 pm
Dd is starting first grade. She insists on getting a school bag with a shoulder strap. As much as I explained to her that backpack is much more comfy and shoulder strap will be too heavy with all the books, she doesn't wanna reason. I'd love to get her a bag that has backpack straps as well as a shoulder strap. Anyone of of something like that?

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 9:31 pm
I would consider getting her a backpack with wheels. one shoulder strap is a recipe for back pain, and she's likely to hate it in a few months. I would just not allow my first grader a one-strap backpack.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 10:01 pm
I believe they are called hybrid messenger backpacks and the ones I have seen are costly - mostly used for laptops.

Spend some time on a google search.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/.....459:s

You may want to show her this bag. Dd insisted on a wheelie last year and the ones like this were the only sturdy ones we found that were her size. All the other fun looking bags were double her size. She got something similar and loved it. Make sure you buy ages 3-7 or 4-8, because size 5-9 was HUGE for our 7 year old.
http://www.amazon.com/World-Yo.....ges+3

imeinu

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 10:27 pm
I got my first grader this bag last year.
it only has the shoulder strap but was a very nice size - not too small, but not too big either so she couldn't "accumulate" extra weight.

http://www.amazon.com/World-Yo.....p+bag

it also depends how much carrying your daugher will be doing anyways. if she is walking to school I wouldn't do it, but for my dd, all it was was on and off the bus to her classroom each day so it wasn't too bad.

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 12:06 am
Check out Land's End. They're running a sale right now. I ordered DD (also going into 1st grade) a regular backpack, but they have a few different styles.

Best of all, they come guaranteed so you can return or exchange it if your daughter doesn't end up liking it. They are very accommodating in order to encourage brand loyalty. My brothers were extremely hard on their backpacks, and my mother used to send back the old ones every couple of years and get brand new ones in exchange for free.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics