Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What does being liked mean to you?
Previous  1  2

Frumdoc

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 4:59 pm
My most liked comment ever was anonymous, as I clicked the wrong bit.

It was a slightly facetious comment about something quite silly.

I got 60+ likes and think of it as a reminder to check anon v sn.

Lady Godiva

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 5:01 pm
Scrabble123 wrote:
Sure, but you have no idea who is doing the appreciating. How is that worth anything intellectually?

It's not worth anything intellectually when you think about it. It's just validating on a shallow level. Nothing wrong with that. It's not like an earth shattering affirmation. I don't think anybody takes it that seriously.

Clarissa

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 5:13 pm
I want a "you're abusing amother feature" button on the amother posts, to use when the feature is being misused. Shame on you

zaq

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 5:23 pm
Chayalle wrote:
How do you make it to the most liked list?

1. Practice, practice, practice.
2. Take the A Train
3. IDK. Do you know the way to San Jose?

Frumdoc

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 5:30 pm
Clarissa wrote:
I want a "you're abusing amother feature" button on the amother posts, to use when the feature is being misused. Shame on you

I know, genuine mistake.

Al chait.....

debsey

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 5:47 pm
Clarissa wrote:
I don't pay attention to "likes" on my posts but I do use the "like" feature on other people's posts. It's satisfying, like nodding in agreement.
. This. When I post about something I feel strongly about, and I get a "like" it feels like someone is nodding. When I get a hug, and didn't share something sad, it feels cowardly. If you disagree, post why and under your screen name. Don't treat someone with contempt and snarkily hug her in that patronizing condescending manner. Just my. 02. And I like the idea of a LOL button.

L25

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 6:16 pm
I appreciate getting likes. I don't like getting hugs though- I think that button should be reserved only for posts that the op says she's venting and the like . I have no interest in being "pitied" and personally that's how I take it. Especially if I'm sharing a struggle to help the op.

Blue jay

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 8:44 pm
I check for "Likes" on my post. makes me feel that like someone is listening. Sometimes I wonder if anyone hears me out there somewhere in cyberspace...... Perhaps we should have an "eyeglasses" button so this way we know someone is paying attention. Makes threads more conversational. I like the likes

mandr

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 10:19 pm
Ok I can't understand how in a thread where we are discussing misused hugs, why are there several such instances here??? Someone on page 1 wrote "exactly" and she was hugged. Man!

I worry about too many hugs. It means I must be an abused amother. Those are the ones who usual amass a boatload of 60 hugs or so.

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 9:22 am
This thread is not discussing hug abuse, only what "being liked" means to each poster. There have been a few comments regarding "hugs," but in a very lighthearted way, which encouraged some amother go and hug every post written here (except for the first)... I understand what she was doing, but wouldn't do it myself.

mandr

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 10:14 am
Scrabble123 wrote:
This thread is not discussing hug abuse, only what "being liked" means to each poster. There have been a few comments regarding "hugs," but in a very lighthearted way, which encouraged some amother go and hug every post written here (except for the first)... I understand what she was doing, but wouldn't do it myself.

You can use a good hug. Come here.

debsey

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 12:38 pm
mandr wrote:
You can use a good hug. Come here.

Hey, I'll take a hug from YOU mandr, any day!

mandr

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 12:49 pm
debsey wrote:
Hey, I'll take a hug from YOU mandr, any day!

Here you go!

But wait, we're discussing Likes.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics