Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
DD is still doing #2 in Diapers

newkallah

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 2:04 pm
My DD is 3 yrs old and does not poop in the toilet. How should I wean her off the diaper (she only poops in them). TIA!

busydev

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 2:05 pm
my nephew (closing in on 4yo) does the same.

I never tried but ive read tips to first have her do it in her diaper on the toilet. then cut a hole in the diaper and have her go. and then get rid of it.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 2:07 pm
Just don't give her a diaper. I don't get the question? She obviously can control herself if she waits for the diaper.

heidi

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 2:10 pm
I had this till about 2 months ago-- and DS was already 4!!!
It was only bm and only at home-- at school he went no problem and even wiped himself well. But at home he absolutely refused to make unless I put him in a diaper first.
Finally consulted my pediatrician (I think I was too embarrassed to ask friends!) and on her advice I showed him the package of diapers and told him that it was the last pkg. I was going to buy. When it ran out he would have to make doody in the toilet. Reminded him every few diapers. And finally when I really had no more (saved two in a drawer just in case) and he told me he had to make I told him that I had no more diapers and he could make on the toilet like a big boy (and of course get chocolate if he succeeded.)
And that was it. Just like that he made in the toilet and has been doing it ever since. Not an ounce of the drama I expected. No backsliding-- just as if he's been doing it for as long as he's been trained.
My bracha to you is that it should go as well for you and dd as it did for us!

amother

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 3:24 pm
amother wrote:
Just don't give her a diaper. I don't get the question? She obviously can control herself if she waits for the diaper.

The problem is that they can control themselves so well if they don't get a diaper they will not go as long as they can. And that can cause bad problems, starting with constipation.
My son is in this same funk and it's annoying. If I didn't give him a diaper he'd hold it in forever. or go in his underwear. But not on the toilet.

busydev

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 3:32 pm
amother wrote:
The problem is that they can control themselves so well if they don't get a diaper they will not go as long as they can. And that can cause bad problems, starting with constipation.
My son is in this same funk and it's annoying. If I didn't give him a diaper he'd hold it in forever. or go in his underwear. But not on the toilet.

going in the underwear may lead to going on the toilet.
believe me in the past 3 months I have dealt with it. DS would go in his underwear NO problem. but I still put him in underwear... and FINALLY bh Bli ayain hara for the past week he has not had a #2 accident!! he tells me he needs to go and goes on the toilet. he stops playing in time to get there and sits long enough to get it all out (I wont tell you how many times he went some and then a within the next hour had an accident.) but he eventually started not liking it in his underwear. and now he prefers the toilet. I didnt have to deal with the diaper part... but if he goes in his underwear before giving into the toilet... why is that so bad?

that said I like heidi's idea of telling him the diapers are almost done.
DS already knows when he turns "free" his pacifiers are going in the garbage and there will be no more pacifiers for him. we count down the weeks every so often and hes been talking about it every day when he talks about his tzitzis he will be getting when he has a week without ANY accidents. and about his yarmulka and peyos. they all go together with being three in his mind. im sure when it comes to lmaysa he will have a hard time going to sleep without the paci for a few days... but we will deal with it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training