Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Classifieds
Looking to give away Tuv Taam Baby food

Sunshine3

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 11:12 am
Around 100-140 of them - both chicken and beef ones. Their good through December. Anyone interested is welcome to PM me.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 11:15 am
Where are you located?

mandr

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 11:15 am
I have a bunch too, and live in Monsey.

Sunshine3

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 11:21 am
edit

Last edited by Sunshine3 on Fri, Oct 14 2016, 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Sunshine3

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 12:50 pm
Someone replied and is taking them.

cfriedman2

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 4:02 pm
just curious why do you get them if your kids dont eat them? if its from wic its wasting govt money

mandr

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 4:14 pm
cfriedman2 wrote:
just curious why do you get them if your kids dont eat them? if its from wic its wasting govt money

I just KNEW someone would ask this silly question. Ok, here's your answer:

The government MAKES you get selected items on their predetermined list. It does not take your family's eating styles into consideration. My baby, for example, is mostly breastfed at 10 months with just a few smidgens of food from what I eat. I happen to be a believer in babyled solids so I don't feed him too much puree (baby jars), just oatmeal in the morning. however, I cannot tell them: only give me oatmeal cereal and that's it. I gotta take all or nothing. So I take it. To be honest, I don't derive any benefit from my baby's checks, just for the oatmeal baby cereal. I do however enjoy the food checks that I get for me (which I get until he's a year old due to my breastfeeding commitment). And even then, I find a surplus of milk. Do they really think that I go through 6 half gallon bottles of milk a month??? It's all for me, remember, not my dh or a family if I'd have one. So I give the milks to my parents and sisters. I give the baby jars to a nice imamother who contacted me when I posted I had many for sale. But she didn't want the Tuv Taam jars so I've got those still.

If I don't take the items, well then THAT's wasting the government's money.

busydev

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 4:18 pm
mandr wrote:
I just KNEW someone would ask this silly question. Ok, here's your answer:

The government MAKES you get selected items on their predetermined list. It does not take your family's eating styles into consideration. My baby, for example, is mostly breastfed at 10 months with just a few smidgens of food from what I eat. I happen to be a believer in babyled solids so I don't feed him too much puree (baby jars), just oatmeal in the morning. however, I cannot tell them: only give me oatmeal cereal and that's it. I gotta take all or nothing. So I take it. To be honest, I don't derive any benefit from my baby's checks, just for the oatmeal baby cereal. I do however enjoy the food checks that I get for me (which I get until he's a year old due to my breastfeeding commitment). And even then, I find a surplus of milk. Do they really think that I go through 6 half gallon bottles of milk a month??? It's all for me, remember, not my dh or a family if I'd have one. So I give the milks to my parents and sisters. I give the baby jars to a nice imamother who contacted me when I posted I had many for sale. But she didn't want the Tuv Taam jars so I've got those still.

If I don't take the items, well then THAT's wasting the government's money.

are you sure? I usually just get what I need. I have never been forced to get everything on the check be it at a frum store or a regular grocery.

I have never gotten any meats after my DS didnt like it (dont blame him) I only get milk when we need (the dh also drinks else it would spoil long before we get to it) I dont get PB or ww bread. etc etc. never had a problem.

Last edited by busydev on Wed, Aug 27 2014, 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

mandr

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 4:19 pm
busydev wrote:
are you sure? I usually just get what I need. I have never been forced to get everything on the check be it at a frum store or a regular grocery.

They told me a fwe times that they cannot accept the check if I don't get all the items on there. I've been told that at Jewish supermarkets as well as by Shoprite.

busydev

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 4:23 pm
mandr wrote:
They told me a fwe times that they cannot accept the check if I don't get all the items on there. I've been told that at Jewish supermarkets as well as by Shoprite.

in that case you should get it all.

tho by me if I were to get everything I would usually spend more then the total $ allowed (not babyfood but my checks or checks for my older DS)

cfriedman2

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 4:28 pm
In MD I believe you are not required to get everything on the checks you can also let the WIC office know what you dont use and they can take it off your checks. I would double check bc it is deff wasting govt money if you dont eat the items.

mandr

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 4:31 pm
cfriedman2 wrote:
In MD I believe you are not required to get everything on the checks you can also let the WIC office know what you dont use and they can take it off your checks. I would double check bc it is deff wasting govt money if you dont eat the items.

I tried that argument, but they actually don't let. Weird, I know. I told them I don't need six milks! They said that's the minimum amount they can give me. Well in that case...

dimyona

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 4:32 pm
According to WIC, you're officially supposed to bring all unused food items to your local office for redistribution. You can get kicked off and banned from benefits if they find out you're selling them or giving them away. You're not even allowed to donate the food to charity. There are agents that look through craigslist and eBay and go after those who try profiting from or giving away WIC food.

mandr

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 4:33 pm
dimyona wrote:
According to WIC, you're officially supposed to bring all unused food items to your local office for redistribution. You can get kicked off and banned from benefits if they find out you're selling them or giving them away. You're not even allowed to donate the food to charity. There are agents that look through craigslist and eBay and go after those who try profiting from or giving away WIC food.

Interesting. They never told me that. I don't recall seeing that in the literature either.

dimyona

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 4:35 pm
mandr wrote:
Interesting. They never told me that. I don't recall seeing that in the literature either.

I know, I found this out only by doing my own research and confirming with the DOH.

glamourmom

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 4:37 pm
mandr wrote:
I have a bunch too, and live in Monsey.

can I have yours? I can never get enough.

mandr

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 4:44 pm
glamourmom wrote:
can I have yours? I can never get enough.

Sure I have tons of Tuv Taam ones for you. PM me if you want my info. Just don't tell the DOH.

working hard

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 8:36 pm
Anyone want mine? I have a lot as well?

HonesttoGod

Post Thu, Aug 28 2014, 2:55 pm
Ugh I remember I had an enormous box of the tuv taam ones, they are so gross/gloopy my kids refuse to look at them!

They DO seem to give A HUGE amount of milk and such stuff and in New York most stores do not accept the check unless you get everything on it.

I mentioned this to the office where I pick up and told them I rarely end up using a lot of checks due to excess so they cut off a whole bunch of milks and stuff because I told them I don't need so much so now I get much less which is better and easier for me too.
They told me since I am allowed these things if I ever need more I can just tell them at my next pick up and they will add it back to my checks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics