Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Kids clothing

gr8 mom

Post Thu, Aug 28 2014, 8:59 pm
Now that I am shopping for my kids for the winter season I was wondering a few things... My son just started walking and I think im gonna stop with leggings for him and find pants.. What kind of pants do I buy him where is the best place (store or online).. what I liked about leggings is that it lays so nicely and smoothly and since hes still so little about 19 months wanna find pants that fit and lay nicely.....

Second is what do ppl do about socks do u buy all socks for weekday and shabbos in hosiery store or just shabbos and the rest in gap, old navy..... Just curious what others do...

TIA

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Aug 28 2014, 9:07 pm
I think you should stick to mostly leggings, he is still very little.

If you really want pants, make sure they're skinny pants, and then they should lay pretty smooth.

It is smarter to buy weekday socks in gap, target... They are much cheaper

kb

Post Thu, Aug 28 2014, 10:59 pm
The year my first was just walking he wore a lot of sweatpants. Much more comfortable than pants (I'd assume) and warmer.

What are shabbos socks? LOL

iamamother

Post Fri, Aug 29 2014, 12:26 am
my DS is 20 months and for weekday I bought him only the legging/jeggings. for shabbos I got the slim cuts of dress pants. and for socks- keep in mind that shabbos socks dont have the anti slip things on the bottom so when hes not wearing shoes he will be slipping around- so I mostly stick with weekday ones...

amother

Post Fri, Aug 29 2014, 9:22 am
Where do you all buy the leggings? Do you just look in the girls section?

mandr

Post Fri, Aug 29 2014, 10:44 am
My baby wore pants since he's about 6 weeks old - real pants, like corduroy and denim. Some were skinny jeans, and some were regular fit. I bought them all at GAP. He is standing already but not walking so for this winter I got him skinny jeans and 2 pairs of softer jeggings and leggings. Will get corduroy when it's on sale Wink

I never got him fancy socks. I just used white, black, navy or grey from GAP, Old Navy, and Children's Place. I am not spending $8 on a pair of socks that the washing machine will eat up. I had one nicer pair that had argyle on it and that came with an outfit someone got me from Babies R Us.

miami85

Post Fri, Aug 29 2014, 11:20 am
Carters and children's place have good pants. I liked carter's overalls for that age because the don't ride up. I got my kids' socks at Target, I like Hanes, they were inexpensive $7 for 6 pairs. Annoying b/c they aren't all the same so you have to match them, but they had the non-skid bottoms and the size on them (such a genius idea!). I also usually found a thinner pair of white socks , maybe Target--I think they were circo brand that I used for Shabbos.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics