Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Big Brother 16 - Jewish contestant this year!

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 8:18 pm
I havent watched any online TV since I got pg with my now 11 month old, so I dont know if I'll even follow Big Brother this year, but whoever is following, ther's a Jewish girl on it this year! She supposedly grew up Orthodox and was born in Israel but doesnt seem frum at all, which is actually good for her - remember what a disaster Andrew was? It seems like a good season, very interesting cast. Anyone gonna watch this year?

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Jun 26 2014, 8:15 pm
Meh.She didnt make much of an impression. and what's worse, the contestant who is the biggest TOOL this year, is self-proclaimed Jewish too. Ugh.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 22 2014, 1:30 am
Yes I am watching it! She has got a terrible reputation I really dont get what shes doing in the game. I don't get whats orthodox about her either rit totally doesn't come up.

So who are you all rooting for? The people who will go far are: Derick, Christine, Hayden, Frankie, and Cody. Thats what I think. Zach has calmed down but it has been mentioned a few times he is Jewish and he totally looks it too! He has the typical bratty rich personality. I hate it that the Jewish people on these shows are always rich and stuck up. Think Amanda from last year and in the UK Mathew.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Jul 22 2014, 8:44 am
I'm rooting for Derrick and Donny. Zach and Frankie surprised me at how pleasant they are despite their bombastic initial appearances. Victoria isnt doing 'anything' on the show and is nebich annoying everyone in the house. But at least he's not openly religious like Andrew was so no one thinks negatively of frum jews now...

deena19k

Post Tue, Jul 22 2014, 8:49 am
Definitely Donny. He's just a nice guy. Not lying and backstabbing like everyone else in big brother history.

amother

Post Fri, Aug 29 2014, 4:44 am
Same anon poster as above. I am so disappointed! All the likable players are gone! Zach and now Donny! I was rooting for both if them. But I gotta give it to Derick. I would be very shocked if he doesn't win it at this point. Everything is going exactly to his plan. He's even kept Victoria safe! There is no other logical reason how she is still there.

I was hoping that somehow the numbers will flip and there will be a Donny, hayden, zach revolt. They were the only ones capable of that.

And I can't stand Frankie he deserved that Apple pie overwhelming no!! It's gonna be a boring end. And if they get derick out somehow bc what are his chances if winning this job anyway? And with this double eviction coming up! If they get him out we are looking at a Frankie or Christine winner and I don't care for either if them although Christine will make a female winner for once!

amother

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 3:50 am
Same anon poster as always: so what do you all think of Victoria making it this far?? She has made such a fool of herself and the fact that she got so far is just to help their game. Derick is so shrewd that he has kept her safe. So the finale is going to be on Wednesday night Rosh Hashanah! I wonder if her family will be there! I wonder why they made it on Rosh Hashanah with 2 Jewish contestants. Anyway she doesn't seem to be orthodox at all maybe her family is?

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 8:31 pm
I feel really bad for her about the Rosh Hashana thing. Originally the finale was supposed to be Sept 18 - she probably wouldnt have gone in if the finale wouldve been scheduled for Sept 24. I just watched her daven from a machzor on the live feed. She's really worried that her family should be able to come.

DERRICK FOR THE WIN!

it's gonna be so hard to wait til motzei shabbos to know who won!!!!!!!!!!11

amother

Post Wed, Sep 24 2014, 7:08 am
I think Victoria thinks its rosh hashana tues night! She said somewhere that its tues and wed... what a shame it has to be over rosh hashana. Also, she doesnt eat the meat there b.c its not kosher yet she is eating everything else in the same pans etc. I guess she is doing the best she can/ feels is good enough.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Sep 24 2014, 7:59 am
Yup she's confused... she was busy davening from her machzor and said "This is so weird, I've never not been to temple before." - and she'll get out and find out that RH is hersht starting! lol. I wonder if Julie will wish her a shana tovah...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics