Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
New Montessori PreSchool

uws mom

Post Thu, Aug 28 2014, 6:42 pm
Hi! I saw some conversations about school options on or near the UWS and thought I would share:

There is a new Jewish Montessori Preschool called Gan Aliya opening this September for children ages 3-5. It will be at Mt. Sinai Jewish Center in Washington Heights. Here is the contact: 310-922-1745.

Rabbi Rietti, who has been an educator for 30 years, developed the materials and curriculum--sounds like it will be pretty awesome!!

Good luck, mommies!

mamanyc

Post Thu, Aug 28 2014, 7:58 pm
Welcome to the new option in Manhattan! We need a Frum Jewish Montessori preschool!

This spring and summer seem to have sparked a lot of changes in the local schools.
Yeshiva Ketana of Manhattan's preschool underwent a massive evaluation. With promised improvements to be made under the same old same old administration. But there seems to have been a lot of turn over in teachers so there is hope of some new energy and growth.
The beloved first grade rebbi left and a new asst principal job has been created.

Breuers has hired a new principal over the summer.

Rabbi Besser from Manhattan Day School is rumored to be retiring.. And one day it is sure to be true ......

Good luck to all the schools and may they use these changes to become better partners for us moms (and dads) in being me'chanech our children.

Maya

Post Thu, Aug 28 2014, 8:55 pm
Rabbi Rietti's system is amazing! I saw a presentation about it from him, and I was fascinated.

Beauticianista

Post Fri, Aug 29 2014, 12:53 pm
I believe Temmy Rudisch who was teaching the Montessori preschool class in Bais Yaakov of Boro Park until now will be the teacher here. My daughter had her and she was amazing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics